PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign Brandon Browner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re curious: Browner told friends he had a 2-year, $10M deal last night. Thanks maybe to today’s shenanigans, it became 3 years, $17M

Rap sheet

For obvious reasons, the 2 year, $10M deal would have been preferable. But if he converts to SS and it work s out, the Pats could very well end up being happy they have that third year.

considering 8 weeks out of the first year dont count(they dont count right since we dont have to pay him?)

I'd up there was a good chunk in base salary in the first year, say 9 million.

cut that in half and throw that half in the hes suspended without pay bucket so the first year cap hit is only a ungaurenteed 4.5 million, and then years 2 and 3 are 4 mil a piece.

then again i have no idea how the cap actually works with regards to suspended players.

all i need to know is there is nothing thats going to ruin the cap when he tests positive for the very last time.

Hey Vince, are you SURE you wanna leave right now? Give it some time, think it through rationally. Let your emotions subside a bit.

Maybe this isn't the best season to storm out of town. Just think it over. Don't be hasty.

considering 8 weeks out of the first year dont count(they dont count right since we dont have to pay him?)

I'd up there was a good chunk in base salary in the first year, say 9 million.

cut that in half and throw that half in the hes suspended without pay bucket so the first year cap hit is only a ungaurenteed 4.5 million, and then years 2 and 3 are 4 mil a piece.

then again i have no idea how the cap actually works with regards to suspended players.

all i need to know is there is nothing thats going to ruin the cap when he tests positive for the very last time.

Talked with Miguel via twitter. He said this

@smith0624 Let's say Browner's 14 salary is 1.7m. Salary would count 1.3m (100K X13 weeks). Cap number =salary+SB+roster+workout.

Very interested to see how our schedule is hooked up and who our first four opponents will be while Browner is out.

I feel like it's a few days after my birthday, and all the relatives are stopping by and giving me gifts. I wonder who's next?

Where are those 'BB's cheap' people hiding? Come out come out wherever you are.

LOL......Florio is butthurt

i can't let go of this, after watching all the twitter nonsense the past 24 hours

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 51m

Just got an interesting email from NFL Media P.R. on Brandon Browner: "I guess we know who was right all along. I hope that will be noted."

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m

NFL Media P.R. goes on the offensive, insisting Thursday's premature Brandon Browner report was "right all along" NFL Media claims Thursday?s Browner report was ?right all along? | ProFootballTalk

god i hate that guy

Now that he is signed (which I think is a great) I have a couple of question maybe some of you could speak to –

1. What do you think the intent is for him, Dennard is an excellent CB opposite Revis so do they intend to use him at safety?
2. What type of risk does he carry for future suspensions (next offense term)?

Very interested to see how our schedule is hooked up and who our first four opponents will be while Browner is out.

That will be interesting. You have to figure that one of the early games will be Denver here. There's no way that Goody wants Peyton to have to come here in the cold.

Re: LOL......Florio is butthurt

baby-cry.gif

err.png

This (erroneous) Boston.com headline caused a heart palpitation or two in me.... :D :D

Hey Vince, are you SURE you wanna leave right now? Give it some time, think it through rationally. Let your emotions subside a bit.

Maybe this isn't the best season to storm out of town. Just think it over. Don't be hasty.

Did they ever reference a source of who said Wilfork asked for his release? It has been well over 24-hours not a peep has been said by Wilfork, the Patriots or anyone else, and he is still on the Patriots roster despite some removing him from the cap list to show a larger cap availability.

I can imagine BB having many sleepless nights due to wet dreams he'll be having between now and the Fall thinking up all the Defensive schemes he can implement with Revis Island and Bone-Crushing Browner...........:cool:

Did they ever reference a source of who said Wilfork asked for his release? It has been well over 24-hours not a peep has been said by Wilfork, the Patriots or anyone else, and he is still on the Patriots roster despite some removing him from the cap list to show a larger cap availability.

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow
#Patriots Pro Bowl DT Vince Wilfork has asked that the team release him after 10 seasons in New England, according to sources.

2:23 PM - 13 Mar 2014

His "sources" were right about Browner and Revis. Hard to disbelieve the man at this point.

all I have to say is wow. i'll admit I was getting a bit anxious early in the FA period, but this signing w/revis makes the pats secondary top 3 easily.

I just hope there are some protections built into the contract due to browner's substance abuse issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents