PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign Brandon Browner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mkalnosNeb1rv1wk9o1_400.gif

phew.gif

Just glad the twitter circus is over.

This is way better than finding out our pro bowl TE is a serial killer + signing Tebow!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe we sign a free agent pass rusher for good measure? I say that because that might make this defense potentially one of the best..................

Weird offseason. But super interesting. Browner/Revis in, Talib/Wilfork out ? Would never have predicted.

Does he play CB or safety? He would be fantastic as a safety that can also move over to CB and cover the big tall WR

The Revis and Browner signings are an excellent sign of how seriously the FO is treating the need to get more aggressive, physical and disruptive on defense. For the first time since Rodney and Ty we have a secondary which can play without fear of anyone, that can bully opposing offenses and QBs, which can play more aggressive and complex schemes, and which can allow the front 7 to become much more aggressive. The magnitude of Browner's contract is a sign of how the FO views him as a key piece of the puzzle, and how committed they are to not just doing the same old thing and hoping we get lucky.

Does he play CB or safety? He would be fantastic as a safety that can also move over to CB and cover the big tall WR

Beauty of this is exactly what you posted, BB has multiple schemes and now get a Pass Rusher puttin pressure with more blitzing.
Now this a DEF I envisioned we'd have last few seasons.

I love how Browner just tries to destroy everybody but does it with legal hits.

The Revis and Browner signings are an excellent sign of how seriously the FO is treating the need to get more aggressive, physical and disruptive on defense. For the first time since Rodney and Ty we have a secondary which can play without fear of anyone, that can bully opposing offenses and QBs, which can play more aggressive and complex schemes, and which can allow the front 7 to become much more aggressive. The magnitude of Browner's contract is a sign of how the FO views him as a key piece of the puzzle, and how committed they are to not just doing the same old thing and hoping we get lucky.

Bill is learning that it's still legal to play a physical style of defense. VERY happy with this back end. Now let's go out and get a 3-tech to relieve Kelly and a DE and this defense is top 3.

Great, great news! Cornerback is going to be good. Think Arrington is being cut though. Not worth the contract to be a 4th corner and lose his slot position.

He looks pretty fast too based on the Youtube videos posted.

I read 3 years 17 million. No word on how much is guaranteed or how much it is back loaded.

I didn't think he was going to cost us this much. Is he really worth it?

Three years seventeen for a pro bowl corner. Nice job BB and co.:D:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey