PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats reportedly have received a preliminary offer for JG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd rather have a really good chance to win a championship each of the next 3-5 years with the greatest QB EVER.

I fail to see any hint on being traded on this instagram post

But if there is a trade, I think its going to be announced this weekend, a team trading for Jimmy will have their plans for free agency and draft affected by this move.

If people don't think the Pats are discussing Garoppolo down at the combine with teams then they are dumb.

Browns are underwhelmed by every QB except Trubisky. If they come out of the combine not liking what they see or hear from him. I think Garoppolo will be gone by the time free agency starts.

And if we trade Jimmy g we could be the team at the combine in a few years looking for a franchise QB or brushing the dust off a Brock Osweiler or Blake Bortles no thank you.

If people don't think the Pats are discussing Garoppolo down at the combine with teams then they are dumb.

Browns are underwhelmed by every QB except Trubisky. If they come out of the combine not liking what they see or hear from him. I think Garoppolo will be gone by the time free agency starts.

Browns could give us a ton of picks. I wish we could trade him to the nfc. I still feel the bears should be the team. I would love to get a future number 1 in 2018

And if we trade Jimmy g we could be the team at the combine in a few years looking for a franchise QB or brushing the dust off a Brock Osweiler or Blake Bortles no thank you.

Unless we get a 20018 first round pick and it could be in the top 10. Next year's QB class much better.

No doubt.

The backup QB on the Patriots is all that stands between them and total collapse, and if they don't get rid of the greatest player to ever play the game while he is still playing like the greatest player to play the game they will never find that out. That's just logic, idiots.

He is gone next year anyway. No way you can sign him to an extension without Brady retiring/getting injured. As he and many reporters have stated he wants to play and not sit on the bench.

You're trying too hard. We all love JG but unless something happens to Brady, we'll have a different successor. There's not way around it barring Brady being traded, cut or retiring before we expect. JG is insurance not a successor.

He is gone next year anyway. No way you can sign him to an extension without Brady retiring/getting injured. As he and many reporters have stated he wants to play and not sit on the bench.
He could be franchised. It seems crazy, but if the Pats are really sold on him and have any inkling Brady might not play after 2018 it could be a possibility. Consider the scenario where Brady plays as well as he has been in 2017, so Pats franchise JG as a very expensive insurance policy and after 2018 cut ties with Brady if he shows any sign of decline. Possible?

He could be franchised. It seems crazy, but if the Pats are really sold on him and have any inkling Brady might not play after 2018 it could be a possibility. Consider the scenario where Brady plays as well as he has been in 2017, so Pats franchise JG as a very expensive insurance policy and after 2018 cut ties with Brady if he shows any sign of decline. Possible?

Apart form the obvious issue which is having to pay franchise money for a player that will only sit on the bench, Jimmy would have all the leverage in the world in 2018 because franchising him twice in a row would be a huge amount of cash as we have seen this year with Cousins.

On a side note this also means that you'd really need to extend Butler without tendering him already this year, otherwise he can't be franchised because of Jimmy.

Doesn't seem probable to me, at all..

People just need to get their head around the fact that the timing with Brady pushing on and Jimmy's contract situation will not work out unless in case of sudden decline or injury.

It's almost like these points have all been made before.. I wonder where hmmm. ;)

Brissett developing isn't an option?

The reason why jimmy g's value is not as high as some of us think is because good qbs on a rookie contract give a team a 4-5 year window to win a superbowl by getting good qb play and spending a fortune on the team around them. Think big ben, flacco, wilson, luck, newton, colin k, dak p.. all made runs on their first contract. Once you pay them the big bucks it gets much harder to win. Jimmy g is not going to give a team 5 years to spend on the rest of the team. He has to be the man right away. Even brady won rings that way to start his career but he was good enough to win it as the man as well. Not many are.
This is exactly why Garoppolo should have a higher value for a team like the Browns - he doesn't have 4 years in the Browns' culture and system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents