PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats lose another coach - Brendan Daly to KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss also said that no opportunity here to move up played a role...

I think most of the coaches that moved laterally knew they would move on a year ago. I think it was Peter King in a recent MMQB column pointing out that it is highly unusual to even let positional coaches get into their final contract year without a) offering them an extension or b) not being interested in really continuing to work together.

Like you said.. most of them already knew that they would not be able to climb higher either because BB didn't think they were a good fit (e.g. Boyer beyond CBs) or because someone else was blocking the way (Schuplinski, O'Shea with McDaniels as OC).

I think most of the coaches that moved laterally knew they would move on a year ago. I think it was Peter King in a recent MMQB column pointing out that it is highly unusual to even let positional coaches get into their final contract year without a) offering them an extension or b) not being interested in really continuing to work together.

Like you said.. most of them already knew that they would not be able to climb higher either because BB didn't think they were a good fit (e.g. Boyer beyond CBs) or because someone else was blocking the way (Schuplinski, O'Shea with McDaniels as OC).

Which is a pretty clear indication that they don’t think McDaniels is going anywhere.

Did we sign Robb Smith?

No..that's why it's a prediction.
And I hope we don't either.

I wouldn't mind having Brian Cox here to coach the LBs or DL...nor would I mind seeing a return of Pepper Johnson to coach the position that Brian isn't.

And what's Otis My Man Smith doing these days? We need a DBs coach too.

And I hope we don't either.

I wouldn't mind having Brian Cox here to coach the LBs or DL...nor would I mind seeing a return of Pepper Johnson to coach the position that Brian isn't.

And what's Otis My Man Smith doing these days? We need a DBs coach too.

I'd love to see Pepper coaching the LB's again..I think he is a good coach. Not sure about Cox tho.

I predicted Steve moving from Safeties to Cornerback's. It's not to soon for him to move up in the coaching tree...he could easily take over those duties without the secondary missing a beat. He knows the system / scheme really well, responsibilities on each play and can ask Dad if he has questions. On the other hand...their will be unknowns if they bring in a coach from the outside.

I have some concerns with Schiano. Is he going to be a good fit? Will he run the Defense Bill wants without any issues? Steve coaching the cornerbacks provides some continuity there...which I feel is more important then coaching safeties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes