PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats favored in SB, but underdogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Vegas has the Patriots as the favorite, there are so many puff pieces about the Eagles and how they are going to win, one can't help think the Pats might be the underdogs if you weren't aware of the Vegas odds.

There has been, again, an "anyone but the Patriots" winning the Super Bowl agenda out there all season long. Just like the MVP race in which Wentz was being heralded over Brady and when Wentz went down all of a sudden Gurley pops up on the radar. An anyone but Brady agenda there. The media represents the country, not just New England, and the majority of the country dislikes the Patriots. It happened last season and will not stop until the Pats begin looking "average" and misses the playoffs a few times.

Nick Foles had one great season where he had a 27-2 td-int ratio. In his other seasons its 25-16.

It also ignores his time in STL with Fisher. Though considering that 2 former Fisher QBs made the NFCCG and Goff went from looking like an enormous bust to looking like a good QB, maybe we should ignore that time

Hard to put money on foles

Eagles are not like the bucs(johnson) or ravens(dilfer) where the qb has to just stay out of the way and not make mistakes

Foles has to make plays...will it be good foles or bad foles?

That's the question...on the biggest stage

I don't think either team will be underdog enough to play the disrespect card although both will try. Seems pretty evenly matched IMO

Confidence or bulletin board material?

Or both?

People are seriously underrating the game that foles is capable of playing. I would not be shocked to see him play very well against the pats.

waah waaaah waaaaaaah why doesn't everyone else love and admire my outrageously successful juggernaut that's dominated the league for two decades

People are seriously underrating the game that foles is capable of playing. I would not be shocked to see him play very well against the pats.

I actually think its the opposite. All ive seen is talk of how good foles was against minnesota and people thinking that is how he is going to play in the NFCCG rather than looking at the whole body of work this season.

is it possible he could have 2 career games in a row? sure...but is it likely? probably not. Foles has been up and down all season...which is expected for a backup.

I actually think its the opposite. All ive seen is talk of how good foles was against minnesota and people thinking that is how he is going to play in the NFCCG rather than looking at the whole body of work this season.

is it possible he could have 2 career games in a row? sure...but is it likely? probably not. Foles has been up and down all season...which is expected for a backup.

Isn't another way to look at it that Foles stunk when he first took over for Wentz. Now, with the rust shaken off and tweaks made to the offense to get him more comfortable, Minnesota Foles is closer to the "real" Foles?

Isn't another way to look at it that Foles stunk when he first took over for Wentz. Now, with the rust shaken off and tweaks made to the offense to get him more comfortable, Minnesota Foles is closer to the "real" Foles?

his career disagrees with that statement. If thats the case, then Foles is one of the best QB's in the NFL of all time.

if you want to tell me Atlanta Foles is closer to the "real foles" then sure. he was efficient game manager, but only lead the team to 15 points.

Before the jags game we were told over and over that the game against the steelers was an outlier and we needed to look at the whole to judge their defense. Now we are being told we need to look at the Minnesota game and ignore the whole?

which is it?

All of the big money bets are going on the Eagles. I'm talking the 6-7 figure ones. At least so far.

I'm curious how tonight's Inside the NFL crew will pick the winners.

My first thought is both Boomer and Phil will compare the QBs and go with Brady over Foles.

Ray will talk defense of Philly all thru the show although Phil will continue
to stick up for Pats D I'm betting Ray goes with Eagles.

Brandon based on last week's rant has to go with the Pats doesn't he?

Given the way QBs have fared against the Pats this season, Foles will get his yards, but, will he get scores for the Eagles? It is one thing to go up and down the field between the 20's and get garbage time yards and another to play well enough to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes