PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Cap Space as of 4/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think how much more space we would have now if Bill didn't foolishly throw away
money at old, broken-down Wilfork & Weak-Ass Wendy. Horrible.

We saved money by restructuring Vince. Admittedly, we could've saved more by cutting him, but we'd be out 3.5 mill in dead money and have no Vince - to me, the deal the Patriots cut was a smart move.

And Wendell's deal is pretty reasonable. This is coming from someone who is not a big Wendell fan as a player.

Just think how much more space we would have now if Bill didn't foolishly throw away

Could you please provide a list of all the FA DTs who got $3 million or less and you think will definitely be better than Vince?

Could you then provide a list of all the FA DTs who got $3 million or less and you think will probably be better than Vince?

Could you please provide a list of all the FA DTs who got $3 million or less and you think will definitely be better than Vince?

Could you then provide a list of all the FA DTs who got $3 million or less and you think will probably be better than Vince?

Maybe the numbers have changed but I thought we were paying Vince only 900k over his dead money cap hit.

I notice you like to repeat the same refrains over and over across multiple threads.

No worries. If Wilfork is solid and Wendell a serviceable backup you can always just do what you do on the draft board and come here this time next year, change your tune, and brag about how BB was following your plan all along.

Maybe the numbers have changed but I thought we were paying Vince only 900k over his dead money cap hit.
That would be impossible. Since the minimum salary for a player with Wilfork's experience is $955K.

Dead money hit = $3,600,000
Old cap hit = $11.6m.
Current cap hit = $6,683,333

Question:

The link to the NFLPA site that you provided shows the Steelers to currently be slightly over the cap (by $108,066).

I was under the impression that once the new league year started a club was not permitted to go over the cap. My understanding was that a transaction that put a team over their cap, such as a signing or a release, was not approved by the league and was voided.

Am I incorrect, or is there perhaps a window of time that a club is given to make themselves cap-compliant should they go over?

The NFLPA must have seen your post:) They have corrected the numbers for the Steelers.

Given the depth of this draft, I expect Belichick to sign a record number of UDFAs.
The Pats have 64 players signed and have 8 picks. That totals out to 72. They'll sign to the full 90, which is 18. That's not the most ever signed by one team, but it is a decent amount..

The Pats have 64 players signed and have 8 picks. That totals out to 72. They'll sign to the full 90, which is 18. That's not the most ever signed by one team, but it is a decent amount..

Leavin us with appx. cap space for this season and left over for next?

I meant record for us, which was 19 last season, but with the information you just showed I am probably off. Either way there is a lot to be excited about in this draft class, one of Belichick’s greatest strength is identifying UDFAs so I expect him to do well this year.

I meant record for us, which was 19 last season, but with the information you just showed I am probably off. Either way there is a lot to be excited about in this draft class, one of Belichick’s greatest strength is identifying UDFAs so I expect him to do well this year.

I agree with draft bein a good one givin Bill options with multiple players/positions available to him in areas we need. Be it UDFA or FA, Trades Etc We're not done just yet but we're not far off to solidify a team that can compete for a SB.

They'd certainly have a huge space in the middle of the D line.

Wilfork has been the face of the defense since 2009 when Seymour left town, and he has been the best NT of his generation. Having just turned 32 in November I do not think it was a bad decision to bring him back on the contract that he signed. Worst-case scenario we over spend for one season, best-case scenario he regains his 2012 form for 1-2 more seasons, most likely scenario is that he will be a very good early down run stopping NT and help improve the 30th ranked run defense in the NFL.

Wilfork has to be given a chance to show that he still has it. The restructured deal is pretty good for both parties given the nature of the injury and the players size age. He gets a few more guaranteed and the team frees up some 2014 money. Now lets see if he recovers. If not, no harm/ no foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes