PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and Packers Afterthoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's amazing how these two teams, the Patriots and Packers, are both 12-3 but getting almost no consideration for title contention.

Sure, this happens to be a year where there are other worthy teams, but it's amazing that these teams aren't really even 'in the conversation'.

At this everyone just wants to talk about Baltimore, San Fran, and New Orleans. Even some teams with lesser records, like the Chiefs and Seahawks, are getting more love.

It's weird because the narrative seems to be the same for both teams..........Hall of Fame quarterback doing just enough to get it done but by all standards not having a great year.

Well, I guess we'll see if they are true contenders or not in the playoffs.

Rodgers hasn’t been his old self in years now. Have zero faith in that team.

Their offense has improved a lot with LaFleur (a lot more creative) but, Rodgers has to stop being so conservative.

No idea how they got to 12-3.

Packers would have 5-6 losses without the refs help

Who is saying we aren't in title contention?

The OP has a point. The Pats are an afterthought to Baltimore and KC in the AFC. Similarly, the Packers are behind SF, NO, and Seattle in the NFC.

The Patriots are not a top team. They’ve lost to every good team along the way and I can’t make the case that they are serious contenders. If they want to be considered contenders, maybe they should have beaten Baltimore, Houston or Kansas City.

The Packers are in the same boat.

It all makes sense to me.

In other years, the Patriots were counted out, especially after the infamous game against KC and we all know how that turned out . From we are on to Cincinnati to winning the SB. I actually like it when we fly under the radar ! Everyone’s bitterness is that much sweeter if we win it all .
Right now LJ and Mahomes are the sexy picks, people desperately want someone else in the SB, no one wants to see the Patriots back in it, the media would be very happy if the Pats would just go away.

I saw that absurd 3rd and passing penalty graph. Their point differential confirms they are not a great team. Patriots are significantly better.

Their offense has improved a lot with LaFleur (a lot more creative) but, Rodgers has to stop being so conservative.

The Lions MNF game they were handed the game and they got to play the Chiefs without Mahomes.

Much improved team, but they should be 10-5.

Best Scenarios:

1. Pats win Super Bowl
2. Rodgers humiliated in Super Bowl against any team

Plenty of people think the Patriots are at least making it to the AFCCG. The Packers are afterthoughts because they're very clearly not as good as SF, NO, or SEA.

Pats currently are tied for the 2nd best Super Bowl odds with 49ers and Saints behind the Ravens. Chiefs are next followed by the Packers. Green Bay has been in a ton of close games this year so being 3rd in the NFC feels about right to me.

Pats played poorly against the Texans, were beaten handily by the Ravens and lost a close game against the Chiefs. Assuming they win easily against the Dolphins they will head into the playoffs in better shape than last year. Whether it is enough to win it all is still to be determined but I feel like they are receiving about the right amount of consideration.

Last edited:
As long as we have Brady and BB, we will always have an excellent shot to make the SB.
This team always thrives in the face of adversity and I am excited to see how far they can go this year.

The Patriots are not a top team. They’ve lost to every good team along the way and I can’t make the case that they are serious contenders. If they want to be considered contenders, maybe they should have beaten Baltimore, Houston or Kansas City.

Jete fan?

I guess it is settled. Time to forfeit whatever playoff matchup we earn.

There are some plays that just make your shake your head. Just blatant laziness or ignorance regarding the opposing defense. He obviously see's something or thinks one thing but there's so many "how could throw that"!! from a clean pocket no less or he'll move & disrupt that as well.

Honestly GB has done a very good job of surrounding him with athletic OL'm & at times you wouldn't know bc he puts them in a bad spot. He's outstanding but too many mental mistakes for a great player.

They've finally got a defense so here's hoping he doesn't turn it on in the playoffs.

Plenty of people think the Patriots are at least making it to the AFCCG. The Packers are afterthoughts because they're very clearly not as good as SF, NO, or SEA.
I think you’d have to say NO/SF as 1a/1b, but Seattle is a lot more like GB than they are the other two. They’ve had some injuries but they get ref “help”, and have had some very questionable performances, including just a couple days ago, but really all season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them beat SF for the division only to lose at home in the divisional round. At least Beast Mode is back but that’s probably too little too late

OFC it does. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back