PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

pats 4th quarter drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
the pats had 2 drives in the 4th quarter.....the first one, the pats were 2-2 on 3rd down (3rd and 14 and 3rd and 8)......the first sign that the seahawks defense was worn out......

the 2nd drive never got to 3rd down....their defense had been pecked apart as though they were in the movie 'the birds.....

8 of the seahawk defenders were on the field for more then 60 plays.......their problem is one of depth....their beat up secondary played 100%......

gamebook from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/56502/SEA_Gamebook.pdf

last drive was surgical. No QB can pick apart a team like Brady.

that 4th quarter was one of the best I have ever seen in the NFL.

Brady has two monster drives to bring the patriots back. 13-15 and 2tds the 3rd and 14 to edelman where he took a MONSTER shot from Kam chancellor and just got up and kept going...Brady showed why he was the best.

Then, the Butler pick to end it just insane. Me and my friends were literall sitting there depressed that we had to witness another superbowl loss by some rediculous fluke catch. Then Butler made the amazing play and we've never felt so happy. going from the lowest of lows to the top of the mountain

my wife had no clue what was happening as I was screaming "you got to be effing kidding me" over and over after the Kearse catch...then seconds later screaming the same exact thing after the pick..lol

that 4th quarter was one of the best I have ever seen in the NFL.

Brady has two monster drives to bring the patriots back. 13-15 and 2tds the 3rd and 14 to edelman where he took a MONSTER shot from Kam chancellor and just got up and kept going...Brady showed why he was the best.

Then, the Butler pick to end it just insane. Me and my friends were literall sitting there depressed that we had to witness another superbowl loss by some rediculous fluke catch. Then Butler made the amazing play and we've never felt so happy. going from the lowest of lows to the top of the mountain

I don't think we can undersell the job the defense did on the other drives in that quarter as well. If they so much as surrender a field goal on any of them, the Seahawks can kick another on that final drive to win. Outside of two big pass plays (the one to Lynch and the crazy Kearse play), that defense LOCKED DOWN the Seahawks in the fourth.

^yup..and all the media was focused on sea 4th qurter points allowed when the pats were actually better..14-0...enough said

just looking at the Interception by Butler on paper is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick