PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots working on a contract with Jimmy G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Dale Arnold. It's entirely believable and what I expect will happen but I'll wait for someone else to chime in on it.

For the right price, AND moving up to draft a Fields or Lance or Jones , I’m on board.

MOVING.THE.GOALPOSTS
Not at all.
And you left out the other part.
Im fine with Jimmy on a cheap contract as a short term guy to transition.
As “the man” no thanks, too much risk with his inability to stay on the field.

This would be a stupid move, IMO.

You get JimmyG for 1 year. What good is that?

"The injury-plagued 29-year-old quarterback is slated to count $26.38 million against the cap in 2021. New England would be on the hook for nearly $25 million of that. It is currently a mere $20.59 million under the cap after a surprisingly aggressive NFL free agency period. In agreeing to a restructure, Garoppolo would also likely demand that he’s able to hit the open market next March. That’s what happened with Bridgewater."

Is Jimmy G coming home?

I was thinking about this earlier today, I think Garrapolo’s value to S.F. drops significantly after they pick a QB at #3, and Belichick wants him more than everyone else. I think S.F. wants to be ready to move him before they pick, and he has to rework that deal for any trade to happen. I understand the concern about Garrapolo’s ability to stay on the field, but he is the surest bet as an NFL QB of all of the options open to them. I hope they make the trade, and I believe that makes them a real contender next season if they make this happen.

"The injury-plagued 29-year-old quarterback is slated to count $26.38 million against the cap in 2021. New England would be on the hook for nearly $25 million of that. It is currently a mere $20.59 million under the cap after a surprisingly aggressive NFL free agency period. In agreeing to a restructure, Garoppolo would also likely demand that he’s able to hit the open market next March. That’s what happened with Bridgewater."
He would be the bridge to the rookie. Jimmy plays while the rookie learns then when Jimmy gets injured the rookie takes over

It wouldn't be $25 million

"@Patriots are working on a new contract for Jimmy G that could lead to a deal with @49ers"

I'm not a fan of the move, but Dale's questionable tweet says they are working on a new contract.

For the right price, AND moving up to draft a Fields or Lance or Jones , I’m on board.
This we agree on sir in fact I texted my brother this scenario about 3 hours ago. Almost made a prediction of it happening on here but didn't see a good thread for it.

But to quote myself :D
mgcolby said:
we can trade a future 3rd (or less) as a conditional pick for Jimmy as there really isn't much of a market for him. Then maybe still trade up to 10 or 8 and get a QB if the guy they like falls Lance/Fields or Mac (if they like the guy of course) and then go into the season with Jimmy one of the top 5 QBs and Cam. If that happened the NFL world would lose their collective minds. It would be glorious. And it's not as far out of the question as it may seem at first glance

Not at all.
And you left out the other part.
Im fine with Jimmy on a cheap contract as a short term guy to transition.
As “the man” no thanks, too much risk with his inability to stay on the field.
If the plan is to transition to a rookie (fields/Jones) midseason I see no point in giving up additional draft capital (since I’m assuming we’re already dealing future picks to acquire either of those 2 rooks) for a month of Jimmy. Cam can be that guy.

We suddenly respect Jeff Howe now? Dale aside but er...Jeff?
I’ll be honest I’m not very familiar with most of these guys who report on the team.

Hahaha, he'll be a free agent begging for a prove-it deal in August if that's his actual stance.

$25 million as a "bridge" is STUPID. Stupid for SF and it'd be stupid for the Pats or anyone else.

IF the Pats are chasing Garoppolo, it'll be with more years, not fewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes