Patriots Week 6 Report Card, 35-14 Win Over the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Week 6 Report Card, 35-14 Win Over the Giants

Steve Balestrieri

<p style="text-align: center; <i><span style="font-weight: 400;Patriots Improve to 6-0 but Got Banged Up On Thursday</span></i></p> <span style="font-weight: 400;Time

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I would change the grade of the TEs from C- to D- (as usual), and of the OL from B- to D+.

Brady played an "A" game, IMO. The INT was almost certainly because Edelman drifted instead of pushing up the field, and blaming Brady for a blind side strip sack, when the blocker completely blew, it seems inappropriate.

I obviously don't know where the route was meant to turn before the INT, but it sure seems to me that the easier throw into the widest window would've gone...right where Edelman was. He had just split the two defenders perfectly, and an alley into which to throw had been created that was the entire width of the hashmarks themselves. It doesn't make any sense to expect him to turn away from the window while also presenting a smaller target for Brady. Maybe the wind, which at that moment was blowing at Brady's back, made the pass sail beyond the mark...

I obviously don't know where the route was meant to turn before the INT, but it sure seems to me that the easier throw into the widest window would've gone...right where Edelman was. He had just split the two defenders perfectly, and an alley into which to throw had been created that was the entire width of the hashmarks themselves. It doesn't make any sense to expect him to turn away from the window while also presenting a smaller target for Brady. Maybe the wind, which at that moment was blowing at Brady's back, made the pass sail beyond the mark...

Edelman had his man beaten for the straight line catch. By drifting into the middle, he put himself in position to be taken down by the safety who'd just turned towards the throw.

Furthermore, when asked about the play, Brady claimed that he just forced it, which is an obvious lie since the play was there. So, why would Brady lie about the play, unless it was to take the heat for a bad route by his WR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back