PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Tuesday 11/28/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
with all due respect to Mike Reiss, he seems to have become a Mac Jones apologist.
Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine ON!
Back in the real fan old days, the Patriots drafted (first round) and broke Jim Plunkett. Another team was needed ti fix him. I hate that it was the raiders though.

with all due respect to Mike Reiss, he seems to have become a Mac Jones apologist.
Not understanding what Reiss said there thay sounds like an apology. He said Mac's decision-making turned the play into the worst possible outcome.

For the love of God... just don't start Mac this week. I don't care who it is... Zappe... Cunny... Grier 2.0... the ghost of Ron Burton RIP... JFox... just anyone else. It's way past inhumane at this point.
Yea I've seen enough.

I wonder how much the defense's continued strong performance despite the tough injuries and despite the offense being horrific is due to Mayo's leadership. If so, that bodes well for his HC candidacy.

The Patriots technically "control their own destiny" for #2 overall. Arizona is ahead of them, but only because they have not had their bye yet so they've lost an additional game. If the Pats lose out and the Cardinals lose out, they'll have the same record, and Arizona will likely have a higher SOS so the Pats will get #2. At least in all likelihood unless some of the teams they have yet to play drastically change their records. The Cardinals currently already have a higher SOS, and their remaining games have an overall SOS of about .625. The Patriots' remaining opponents have an overall SOS of about .522.

Interestingly, if the Panthers win 1 more game and the Saints, Falcons and Bucs all collectively accumulate a few wins to raise the Panther's remaining SOS, the Pats could end up with #1 overall based on SOS.
I have looked at the schedules. I do not think either Carolina or AZ will win another game.
I want the Pats to get Daniels. He is rising up the boards fast and I think in the end he will be QB1. One more win for Patriots and they may be picking 3-5 and lose out on QB1
Best outcome is for Pats to lose every remaining game

Last edited:
I have looked at the schedules. I do not think either Carolina or AZ will win another game.
I want the Pats to get Daniels. He is rising up the boards fast and I think in the end he will be QB1. One more win for Patriots and they may be picking 3-5 and lose out on QB1
I also like Daniels but I don't think he will be QB1. I think there's some merit to him being a 1st round pick though. I have a hard time seeing the draft going differently than QB (Williams or Maye) - QB (Williams or Maye) - Harrison Jr at the top 3. Maybe Daniels can go at 4 if he really pumps his stock.

I also like Daniels but I don't think he will be QB1. I think there's some merit to him being a 1st round pick though. I have a hard time seeing the draft going differently than QB (Williams or Maye) - QB (Williams or Maye) - Harrison Jr at the top 3. Maybe Daniels can go at 4 if he really pumps his stock.
Maye had a bad game last week. Throws a lot of picks. Caleb has some personality red flags although maybe Bears decide to take him at 1 and move on from Fields.
I think Daniels will win Heisman

Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine ON!
Back in the real fan old days, the Patriots drafted (first round) and broke Jim Plunkett. Another team was needed ti fix him. I hate that it was the raiders though.
Don't you Nostradamus this sh*t on us...

Maye had a bad game last week. Throws a lot of picks. Caleb has some personality red flags although maybe Bears decide to take him at 1 and move on from Fields.
I think Daniels will win Heisman
I was ready to poop all over Maye but his 2 INTs last game were off of receiver drops/deflections. Not sure abt the other 7 INTs this season, though. Still, I have no idea if he'd be worth a top 5 pick.

Hmmm... Daniels was Boutte's QB for the latter's final year. I guess the question is if it's Daniels or Nabers for the success? Maybe find a way to draft both (or Brian Thomas Jr). Interest is piqued.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back