PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp - 8/27

Go read his comment again. He said Cam hadn't used the no-huddle offense. Nice try, though.
Not sure he really used it in that game either at least not much of memory serves.

Not sure he really used it in that game either at least not much of memory serves.
Well, I'm telling you he did. But you don't have to believe me. You can watch the game again or google it. No, he didn't use it in all the other games, but he did in that one, so that at least lets y'all know he's capable of using no-huddle when he needs to.

Last edited:
Well, I'm telling you he did. But you don't have to believe me. You can watch the game again or google it. No, he didn't use it in all the other games, but he did in that one, so that at least lets y'all know he's compatible of using no-huddle when he needs to.
Perhaps in desperation but not in any regularity.
We lost that game didn’t we?

Perhaps in desperation but not in any regularity.
We lost that game didn’t we?
What does losing have to do with whether or not he used no-huddle? That was the original question. I answered it. The hell are you trying to prove? lol.

What does losing have to do with whether or not he used no-huddle? That was the original question. I answered it. The hell are you trying to prove? lol.
Well I don’t think the question is whether he is capable of calling a play at the line, but whether he can do it with any level of effectiveness.

Well I don’t think the question is whether he is capable of calling a play at the line, but whether he can do it with any level of effectiveness.
smh.gif

He did do no-huddle with a level of effectiveness. Now it just looks like you're on here to argue 'cause you bored, but I got work soon, so it won't be with me.

So, did you watch the Seahawks game at all last year?
So your point is he maybe ran some no huddle against an atrocious defense. Show me where he was able to do it against a good team

He did for 3 plays (all passes - 1 for 3). However, one of them, Edelman let it go right through his hands in the EZ for what would've been the winning TD. N'Keal with a rec on the next play to the 1.

Edit - quick lookup: 11 no huddles that game, 1 run, 5 for 10, 1INT. With drives involving No Huddles: 2TD drives and a missed FG by Folk.

Last edited:
So your point is he maybe ran some no huddle against an atrocious defense. Show me where he was able to do it against a good team
He ran the no huddle 30 times in the last Dolphins game. 2 Penalties on the defense, 13 runs, 2 sacks, 7 for 13 on his passes. He didn't play terribly while running the no huddle (he was 17 for 27 for 209yds overall), but I remember the game as being quite frustrating because of the 250yds rushing we gave up and Andrews and Gilmore left the game to add to the long list of already injured.

Last edited:
The denver game was my favorite

not to mention that newton tore up our field by continually throwing the ball into the ground,

how much did gronkowski and Brady laugh watching bb on the sidelines yelling wtf at mcdaniels after every newton “ground” ball!

newton is beyond terrible and simply a placeholder until Jones is ready. My guess is week 6!

He did for 3 plays (all passes - 1 for 3). However, one of them, Edelman let it go right through his hands in the EZ for what would've been the winning TD. N'Keal with a rec on the next play to the 1.

Edit - quick lookup: 11 no huddles that game, 1 run, 5 for 10, 1INT. With drives involving No Huddles: 2TD drives and a missed FG by Folk.
Given the spread out nature and short duration of total no huddle examples given, there is not significant evidence that these examples are true no huddle: QB calls the plays based on the defense he sees; or the OC/QB coach calling in two plays each huddle, or even just using the arm play sheet before getting to the line.

Sorry, but there is not a lot of evidence that shows Cam was comfortable enough nor steeped enough in the Patriots playbook last year to run a full, true no huddle offense. He even alluded to the same in his own comments last year.

That may be changed this year - he does look much more comfortable in those aspects of knowing the playbook fully and being able to put that knowledge into action. I'm hopeful if he is named the starter that is true and last year was an aberration, but right now the onus if on him (if given the chance) to prove that indeed was NOT the new normal.

Given the spread out nature and short duration of total no huddle examples given, there is not significant evidence that these examples are true no huddle: QB calls the plays based on the defense he sees; or the OC/QB coach calling in two plays each huddle, or even just using the arm play sheet before getting to the line.

Sorry, but there is not a lot of evidence that shows Cam was comfortable enough nor steeped enough in the Patriots playbook last year to run a full, true no huddle offense. He even alluded to the same in his own comments last year.

That may be changed this year - he does look much more comfortable in those aspects of knowing the playbook fully and being able to put that knowledge into action. I'm hopeful if he is named the starter that is true and last year was an aberration, but right now the onus if on him (if given the chance) to prove that indeed was NOT the new normal.
No doubt. Thanks for the clarification.

I only got to rewatch the last 2 relevant plays (Youtube tv deleted the whole game as it's older than 9 months), and the Edelman play looked to me like a true no huddle, but hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

No doubt. Thanks for the clarification.

I only got to rewatch the last 2 relevant plays (Youtube tv deleted the whole game as it's older than 9 months), and the Edelman play looked to me like a true no huddle, but hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I watched the whole game (well, Pats on offense portions) on GamePass replay this afternoon. The no huddles were not clustered back to back to back and the weird part is that Cam wasn't really barking out calls as they went to or were at the line - that's the part that says to me that it wasn't a full no huddle approach (and why I think it was two plays called each huddle as they did huddle in between a lot).

The Edelman reception was the "smoothest" play of the bunch by far.

I watched the whole game (well, Pats on offense portions) on GamePass replay this afternoon. The no huddles were not clustered back to back to back and the weird part is that Cam wasn't really barking out calls as they went to or were at the line - that's the part that says to me that it wasn't a full no huddle approach (and why I think it was two plays called each huddle as they did huddle in between a lot).

The Edelman reception was the "smoothest" play of the bunch by far.
I just rewatched the 2nd Miami game, and it looked like he was running a true no huddle for most of those NH 30 plays, but that's to a relatively untrained eye. We only had 8 drives, one 3 and out, and 1 with 2 plays with the Meyers fumble (broke my heart). The other 6 drives he averaged 51 yds per - just couldn't seal the deal. It seemed like he was effective, but the few but big sprinkles of bad Cam in there with yet another miss to a wide open Jakobi in the EZ and maybe Keene near the EZ were just too much to overcome). Strangely enough, I saw 2 or 3 bounce passes that were clear throwaways (receiver clearly not open).

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back