PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots Training Camp 7-30-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Excited to see what it looks like today.
Interesting that the Pats apparently think that another starting caliber RB (Zeke/Cook) is more important than a #1 WR.
Not sure about Zeke, but theoretically he'd provide more than D. Harris - and might make K. Harris expendable.
Either way, I hope they keep developing Strong. It appears MonTy is being slated as a full time WR rather than RB.

Interesting that the Pats apparently think that another starting caliber RB (Zeke/Cook) is more important than a #1 WR.
Not sure about Zeke, but theoretically he'd provide more than D. Harris - and might make K. Harris expendable.
Either way, I hope they keep developing Strong. It appears MonTy is being slated as a full time WR rather than RB.

You can never have enough RB's, and they barely have enough to run the first day of camp.

You can never have enough RB's, and they barely have enough to run the first day of camp.
Making Kevin expendable doesn't necessarily add to depth. I think Kevin is a strong runner and looked good when he had the opportunity.

No access to the article but I'm all-in on the premise. I'd say the trickier one is Dugger. Teams don't really back up the truck for safeties. Extending him before he hits the market could very well mean paying more than they would by matching the best offer he gets out there.

No access to the article but I'm all-in on the premise. I'd say the trickier one is Dugger. Teams don't really back up the truck for safeties. Extending him before he hits the market could very well mean paying more than they would by matching the best offer he gets out there.

I don't mind paying him even more. Yeah, matching an offer could save us 1-2M more....but from a planning standpoint...it's better to have the bird in hand....

And while we are at it...Onwenu too! Judon, Uche, Dugger, Onwenu....they all could get raises now and eat up the rest of our cap $$$ this year....and getting them on the books for the next 3-4 seasons would be nice. We could hit the market HARD for a FA WR in March knowing exactly how much we have to spend...

Agree on this . The only challenge is if Dugger has. A monster year and becomes much more pricier.

Uche and Judon should be priority

I would prefer to see how Kevin Harris looks in camp and preseason before signing Zeke.

I don't believe that they are looking to add another "starting caliber" RB. Cook and Zeke happen to be available currently and the Patriots want to see what they bring. Not to mention that an Injury to Rhamondre would seriously hamper the Pats.

Agree on this . The only challenge is if Dugger has. A monster year and becomes much more pricier.

Uche and Judon should be priority

Judon is already under contract for 2024. His contract is behind Uche and Dugger. Of the 2, Dugger is the bigger priority. It also helps the Pats that Danielle Hunter signed a 1yr deal for 20M.

IMHO, the priorities are Dugger, Onwenu, Uche, then Henry.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back