PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Trade For Indy TE Dwayne Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Field Yates says it's for a late round pick.

Dwayne Allen is 6'3 260lbs and can block and catch well. He some health issues but when healthy he blocks well for you and gets 400-500 yards. I wonder if he would get more here.

Overall I don't hate the contract or the player. If it is for a low round pick you risk nothing as he can be cut his 3rd year for pretty much free. At least I think so.

He is VERY fast for his size but his agility is just so-so. He tends not to break tackles too much unless power based. When hit he can lose his balance. Still a legit NFL TE who can start. Can't be mad.

Last edited:
He's not solid. He's mediocre which is why Indy is getting rid of him.

Guy has had more TD catches in a single season than Bennett ever had, he's equally good if not better as a blocker, as well as him being 3 years younger than Bennett and signed to a better contract than Bennett will be.

I don't see the issue here. Exceptional move by the GOAT GM/Coach.

A trade between these two teams would of never happened in the Polian and Grigson era's.

I need the hot takes on this move from the GDT All-Stars.

This has been a srange offseason so far. Bill is screwing with Butler and creating ill will with by far his best CB for no apparent reason. The attempted trade for Cooks, the alleged interest in headcase Deshaun Jackson and now this.

Weird.

Was never impressed by Allen. He was a pretty dominant college TE, but that never translated to the pros. In BB we trust.

A trade between these two teams would of never happened in the Polian and Grigson era's.

I need the hot takes on this move from the GDT All-Stars.

The Colts are not in a position now to be a rival - they simply need to do what is best for their team - even if that means trading with NE.

TMNT-2-rocksteady-and-bebeop-Trailer.jpg

Look out NFL. Here come Dwaynebop and Gronksteady

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes