PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for Carolina DE Kony Ealy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, We didn't pay much, so I'm okay with it, but Ealy's been a disappointment of sorts... Not really excited, we'll see

Looks like he had a mediocre year but came on strong at the end.

Moved down 8 spots, which is equal to an early 5th rounder.

FA in a year, so could be in line for another comp pick.

this is the BB special

Howe is right. People remember his fantastic Super Bowl, but he has struggled at times throughout the regular season. Still a very promising player. Hopefully he can step up in a change of scenery the way Sheard did in 2015.

Pats trade

Deal with the Panthers. Their 2d rounder for Kony Ealy (sp?) and the Panthers 3rd round. Which is only 8 spots lower than the pats 2d.

It's a great value trade. Ealy was underwhelming after a great Super Bowl performance but we only moved down a couple of spots, really not a lot of value lost. Ealy could reach his potential with us or bust, but either way we don't take too much risk anyways. A great trade for Belichick.

Trader Danny or Trader Bill??:D

Damn, that's incredible. Love this move... he's going to do quite well here, I think. Bye bye Sheard?

I saw one or two speculating on Twitter earlier that the Pats might trade for a DE. Ealy's name mentioned more than once.

Crazy 24 hours.

He's a good fit for their defense too because he's both big enough and athletic enough to play all over the front like Flowers.

Is this serious? How is that even possible? Kony Ealy is really good, and all we had to do was trade down a round? What's in it for Carolina? This is awesome news for us, too awesome in fact. To the point that I'm really wondering what the catch is, beyond the fact that he's entering the last year of his rookie deal (who cares, for this price?)

Holy crap i think Bill is building a legit dynasty. If they get Hopkins for Jimmy then it could be a unbeatable team

Seems like a one year rental he reminds me of Trey Flowers.

Howe is right. People remember his fantastic Super Bowl, but he has struggled at times throughout the regular season. Still a very promising player. Hopefully he can step up in a change of scenery the way Sheard did in 2015.

The best second rnd draft pick in years. Usually its a d back no one ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes