PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to sign Former Ravens LB Albert McClellan

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sense is now that both the Melifonwu and McClellan signings are intended primarily to bolster special teams (while also exploring the developmental potential of Melifonwu).

Seems likely to me that Grissom (ankle) and Hollister (hammy) will be sent to IR to open the roster spots, although Grissom might simply be waived (since he was active for the Packers game).

It's also possible that one of Mason (calf) or Schwenke (foot) are moved to IR.

I’d be surprised if Mason is put into IR

I’d be surprised if Mason is put into IR

Given how little detail the Pats reveal about injuries, Mason's "calf" issue that prevented him from practicing at all last week, could be anything from a nasty bruise to a significant muscle tear. Until we have further, solid information - like he's back to practice tomorrow - being sent to IR remains as much a legitimate possibility as any other potential outcome.

Similarly, Schwenke (backup OG and backup OC) hasn't practiced at all for two straight weeks due to a "foot" injury. If that's a Lisfranc fracture (and we don't know that it is or isn't), he could be shut down for the season.

All that ish happens behind the curtain and (despite media speculation form "sources") we won't actually know until the Pats make a move - or refrain from making a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back