Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Take it FWIW.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic Freaks

First :

Yet there are some truth-tellers who never lie (at least I don't think they do). What those executives are telling me—three of them, two from the NFC—is they believe some team is going to make the New England Patriots an offer for Jimmy Garoppolo they cannot refuse.

Next :

Every indication I hear from inside the Patriots is that Belichick plans to stay on as coach of the team for at least five more years.

These people also say Belichick wants to coach after Brady retires. They think Belichick wants to prove he can win without the best quarterback of all time.

Finally (the weirdest one) :

One scout believes Jackson will end up in either New England or Dallas, with the Patriots being the more likely choice.

well...Brady wasnts to play another 5 years so...BB will need to be here like another 8 haha

unless we move on from Brady before 5 years are up

Even if Coach believed this (and I don't believe he does), there is no way he would share the information.
Yup. That's an old Hater's notion that BB Wanted to prove that he can win without TB.

I really doubt BB would stay on after Brady retires to "settle" an argument for the mediots. If he did it would be to help ease the transition from himself to the next guy and a new QB.

I didn't know Mike Freeman actually talked football anymore. :rolleyes:

He's talking about Desean Jackson? I don't see that as a great fit here.

I don't think Djax would be a priority for us. We have a solid group of WRs even if Floyd and DA are gone. Would I take him sure but as the first FA rumor linked to us I'd think there were more important items to deal with.

I wish but I also don't think BB has that many left in him. And I really don't think he cares about coaching without TB. I mean why would he prefer it? Just for ego. He wants the best player ever as long as he is still the best even if that means he never gets another chance without him.

So that leaves the third rumor. Seems logical but if I don't believe the first 2 then this means little.

He could wind up right on any of the 3 but I still don't buy he has any real facts here. He's just spit balling.

Last edited:
Take it FWIW.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic Freaks

First :

Yet there are some truth-tellers who never lie (at least I don't think they do). What those executives are telling me—three of them, two from the NFC—is they believe some team is going to make the New England Patriots an offer for Jimmy Garoppolo they cannot refuse.

Next :

Every indication I hear from inside the Patriots is that Belichick plans to stay on as coach of the team for at least five more years.

These people also say Belichick wants to coach after Brady retires. They think Belichick wants to prove he can win without the best quarterback of all time.

Finally (the weirdest one) :

One scout believes Jackson will end up in either New England or Dallas, with the Patriots being the more likely choice.

Desean jackson would be a perfect fit here - small receiver with great route running ability.

Obviously I have no clue but I agree on Belichick. Anyone at that level is a competitive ass, as long as he stays healthy and it doesn't "become a job", I am confident he'd love to win one without Brady - and to pass Shula.

So they don't think going 11-5 with a QB who didn't even start in college already showed that? Especially considering he still had to waste cap space paying for a star QB who wasn't playing and didn't have the benefit of an off season spent planning to have to play with said QB?

Or more recently going 3-1 without Brady.

I like the sound of "an offer they can't refuse" for JG.

DeSean Jackson? That's interesting.

Obviously I have no clue but I agree on Belichick. Anyone at that level is a competitive ass, as long as he stays healthy and it doesn't "become a job", I am confident he'd love to win one without Brady - and to pass Shula.

Exactly. I've long felt that BB will coach beyond Brady if BB feels he has the team in a good place when Brady retires or otherwise leaves the team. (And I think that anyone who thinks BB isn't competitive enough to want to do it w/o Brady is crazy.)

So they don't think going 11-5 with a QB who didn't even start in college already showed that? Especially considering he still had to waste cap space paying for a star QB who wasn't playing and didn't have the benefit of an off season spent planning to have to play with said QB?

Or more recently going 3-1 without Brady.

Maybe he wants to show he can make the playoffs without brady, or at least make a deep playoff run.

I don't think Djax would be a priority for us. We have a solid group of WRs even if Floyd and DA are gone. Would I take him sure but as the first FA rumor linked to us I'd think there were more important items to deal with.

I wish but I also don't think BB has that many left in him. And I really don't think he cares about coaching without TB. I mean why would he prefer it? Just for ego. He wants the best player ever as long as he is still the best even if that means he never gets another chance without him.

So that leaves the third rumor. Seems logical but if I don't believe the first 2 then this means little.

He could wind up right on any of the 3 but I still don't buy he has any real facts here. He's just spit balling.
Totally agree with your first point. I don't see any significant additions to the existing WR corp, especially if Floyd re-signs. As it is, it will be tough just to keep the guys we already have.

Totally disagree with your second point. BB will simply coach as long as its FUN for him. I don't believe he'll leave when Brady leaves. I don't believe the crap that he'll stay because he wants to prove he can win without Brady either. He coaches because he LOVES it.....period. He'll leave when he decides he wants to spend more time doing something else. WHEN that will be is anyone's guess.

I hear that Brady is going to hang them up when BB retires :rolleyes:

Totally agree with your first point. I don't see any significant additions to the existing WR corp, especially if Floyd re-signs. As it is, it will be tough just to keep the guys we already have.

Totally disagree with your second point. BB will simply coach as long as its FUN for him. I don't believe he'll leave when Brady leaves. I don't believe the crap that he'll stay because he wants to prove he can win without Brady either. He coaches because he LOVES it.....period. He'll leave when he decides he wants to spend more time doing something else. WHEN that will be is anyone's guess.

You beat me to it, I couldn't agree more. Hallelujah amen. ;)

I like the sound of "an offer they can't refuse" for JG.

DeSean Jackson? That's interesting.

As long as it isn't the Omissioner making the offer.

"The Pats will trade Jimmy G and their 2017 1st round pick to my Rats for a 2020 conditional 7th round pick and Darrelle Revis and his contract, because parity and integrity."

I don't buy the second one at all. The 5 year thing is possible but the other part is nothing more than fan talk with no tangible basis in reality.

BB certainly would not share that information if he really did feel that way and it's not like him anyway to pay attention to the opinions of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes