PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Stuff from Mike Freeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BB plans on coachig awhile why would he ever give away Jimmy G?
Its now 2 1sts or we see how Brady looks in 2 seasons.

It's Bleacher Report...

It's Bleacher Report...
There's some very good guys with Bleacher Report. Freeman has been around, one of the best draft guys, Mike Miller, is with them. No offense but saying "It's Bleacher Report" is a lazy opinion.

There's some very good guys with Bleacher Report. Freeman has been around, one of the best draft guys, Mike Miller, is with them. No offense but saying "It's Bleacher Report" is a lazy opinion.

Real quick, tell me the last time that Bleacher Report called a trade of this nature first and ended up being right.

I didn't know Mike Freeman actually talked football anymore. :rolleyes:

He's talking about Desean Jackson? I don't see that as a great fit here.
Agreed, he's on the wrong side of 30 and likely would want too much money unless he's willing to go for an incentive laden contract...and then he might b*tch if it's not thrown his way enough...
There's another reason, the 800 pound gorilla in the room. While he has denied being in a gang, there have been stories/allegations/innuendo about it, coupled with two home invasions, one in Philly and one in LA and with the Pats history with respect to the prisoner, does anybody think they would sign Jackson??? I don't see him as a fit here....

Report: DeSean Jackson still associates with gang members

Real quick, tell me the last time that Bleacher Report called a trade of this nature first and ended up being right.
I have no idea, I don't pay attention to that kind of thing - Bleacher Report or other media. I just know there's some good writers at Bleacher Report.

I really doubt BB would stay on after Brady retires to "settle" an argument for the mediots. If he did it would be to help ease the transition from himself to the next guy and a new QB.

...and because he wants to become the winningest coach of all time, beating bitter Don Shula. He's 91 wins away, so if he averages 12 wins a season and 1 playoff victory, that's 7 years. I see him winning game #329 at Super Bowl 58 and sailing off into the sunset with a satisfied grin, on his boat, 10 Rings.

I have no idea, I don't pay attention to that kind of thing - Bleacher Report or other media. I just know there's some good writers at Bleacher Report.

They're decent writers but I've seen no history there to suggest that they have inside information regarding trades and behind the scenes discussions of this nature. Therefore, take it with a grain of salt because "it's Bleacher Report".

Desean Jackson interesting
Here is a shot across the bow. Would the Pats take a flyer on AP? He has had some injuries and some missed time. Perhaps he is still fresh enough. I would say he would take a Pats type $ deal to play with the GOAT.
Just think of the nightmare to opposing coaches. Do I stuff the box and let JE, Hogan and Gronk etc. go wild? Or do I drop back and let AP get his yards but contain him?

I am more apt to go FA to help TB right now. Not in three years with a Draft pick.

Jackson? Why not, but how many catches can you spread around. I think you have a guy you just took a flyer on in Floyd who if he can conquer his ghosts can be a real steal for the Pats. Chris Carter overcame his issues. Blackmon form the Jags did not.

Another interesting your player or two; OLB/DE Melvin Ingram who has some Von Miller/Harrison in him and under the radar....but his biggest asset is he is disruptive. The other is Poe. Yong and up and coming. Poe, Branch, Brown and Valentine (?) would be impossible to run on.

TE? Cook is more athletic than Bennett and a FA.

DW Toys

Totally agree with your first point. I don't see any significant additions to the existing WR corp, especially if Floyd re-signs. As it is, it will be tough just to keep the guys we already have.

Totally disagree with your second point. BB will simply coach as long as its FUN for him. I don't believe he'll leave when Brady leaves. I don't believe the crap that he'll stay because he wants to prove he can win without Brady either. He coaches because he LOVES it.....period. He'll leave when he decides he wants to spend more time doing something else. WHEN that will be is anyone's guess.
You agree the part of point 2 that I was really trying to make about wanting to coach without TB. To the other part that's just my gut based on his comments through the years.

There is the oft referenced I'm not going to be a Levy. Then leading up to the SB Kraft spilt that he knows BBs plans but that it's just between them. And last year at the BB dinner I specifically gave him a chance to refute the Levy statement and he did not.

My opinion is that it is very likely going to line up with TB. Unless TBs decline is quick. I think either he goes when he goes or maybe told Kraft he'll give him one or two after TB and not to feed his ego. Obviously he'd still want to win but I could envision where between he and Kraft they have agreed he help with the transition post Brady prior to going.

Basically, and it's just my own opinion, I think we got 4-6 left of BB.

Here is a shot across the bow. Would the Pats take a flyer on AP? He has had some injuries and some missed time. Perhaps he is still fresh enough. I would say he would take a Pats type $ deal to play with the GOAT.
Just think of the nightmare to opposing coaches. Do I stuff the box and let JE, Hogan and Gronk etc. go wild? Or do I drop back and let AP get his yards but contain him?

I am more apt to go FA to help TB right now. Not in three years with a Draft pick.

Jackson? Why not, but how many catches can you spread around. I think you have a guy you just took a flyer on in Floyd who if he can conquer his ghosts can be a real steal for the Pats. Chris Carter overcame his issues. Blackmon form the Jags did not.

Another interesting your player or two; OLB/DE Melvin Ingram who has some Von Miller/Harrison in him and under the radar....but his biggest asset is he is disruptive. The other is Poe. Yong and up and coming. Poe, Branch, Brown and Valentine (?) would be impossible to run on.

TE? Cook is more athletic than Bennett and a FA.

DW Toys
I agree with pretty much everything you said here.
Dont know your thoughts on keeping Jimmy G.
I would hold him this year and see how Brady and Jimmy both look next season then make my franchise altering decision.

Didn't Jackson say he would like to stay with the Redskins?

Redskins have to eat a franchise tag cost on Kirk Cousins.
I hear you. Is Jackson commanding so much money that he can't be worked into the cap?

I guess I was more curious than anything since I don't really like him that much as a player. He's decent and provides a boost on ST's, but he just doesn't seem like a fit here to me.

You agree the part of point 2 that I was really trying to make about wanting to coach without TB. To the other part that's just my gut based on his comments through the years.

There is the oft referenced I'm not going to be a Levy. Then leading up to the SB Kraft spilt that he knows BBs plans but that it's just between them. And last year at the BB dinner I specifically gave him a chance to refute the Levy statement and he did not.

My opinion is that it is very likely going to line up with TB. Unless TBs decline is quick. I think either he goes when he goes or maybe told Kraft he'll give him one or two after TB and not to feed his ego. Obviously he'd still want to win but I could envision where between he and Kraft they have agreed he help with the transition post Brady prior to going.

Basically, and it's just my own opinion, I think we got 4-6 left of BB.
I'm glad you touched upon one of my pet peeves in the "when will Brady/BB leave" speculations. That being "the Brady off the cliff" scenario

MOST everyone believes when Brady "loses it", it will be a dramatic transformation, a la Manning. I think that is absolutely wrong. I've said for a while that Brady's greatest weapon in his aresenal has been his MIND. At a position where correct split second decision making is the #1 asset, and being able to correctly read defenses/blitzes is in the top 5; Brady is NEVER going to fall off a cliff. What is more likely to happen is when Brady's physical abilities start to erode, we will see it in his arm strength and mobility.

So I will say what you are likely to get is for the next 2-3 seasons is the elite Tom Brady, and for his last 2 seasons (if his goal is truly to play at 45), a version of Chad Pennington, which is a QB can make your team very competitive if he is surrounded by good players. So NOT "off the cliff", but rather a slow decline from Elite, to good, to OK.

Personally, I believe that when Brady realizes he can no longer play at an elite level he will quit on his own, so I doubt we see more than one season of the "chad pennington" version of Tom Brady.

I hear you. Is Jackson commanding so much money that he can't be worked into the cap?

I guess I was more curious than anything since I don't really like him that much as a player. He's decent and provides a boost on ST's, but he just doesn't seem like a fit here to me.
Hes got a Steve Smith swag about him im thinking Ravens as well.

I do like Matt Miller. But Freeman is the worst. He constantly goes for the annoying hot take, (was the first to call the BB Brady dynasty dead after the KC game) and he has to make everything political.

Surprised ESPN hasn't picked him up yet. :cool:

I didn't know Mike Freeman actually talked football anymore. :rolleyes:

He's talking about Desean Jackson? I don't see that as a great fit here.
I agree, I'm not a fan. He's not the explosive weapon he once was. Heading into his 30's. Rather draft someone with similar skills.

Bill is 64, he said he didn't want to be coaching at 70 = 5 more years.

Not sure I buy the DeSean Jackson one. Can he learn the system? He just catches bombs. I guess he can be a deep threat for Brady though.

...and because he wants to become the winningest coach of all time, beating bitter Don Shula. He's 91 wins away, so if he averages 12 wins a season and 1 playoff victory, that's 7 years. I see him winning game #329 at Super Bowl 58 and sailing off into the sunset with a satisfied grin, on his boat, 10 Rings.

That I could see being important to him. Beating Don Shilla and taking his cheap ass crown from him would be mighty tasty.

I don't think the winning without Brady thing is that important to him. It could be but I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes