PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Standouts Through 10 Games

Leads the entire team in tackles. Do you think he could play FS when DMac hangs it up? Philips is also solid so would want to somehow keep both Dugger and Philips on the field as much as possible. Both Dugger and Philips seem like box safeties.

Nah! Dugger is more of a strong safety. I heard someone describe him as a more talented second stint with the Pats Patrick Chung. I think that is a very accurate description.

In the offseason, after we have played our last game of this season, if you go back and watch tape of Jones’s first game and Jones’s last game, you will see a qb that has grown tremendously!

I know the mediots knock jones because all he throws are check downs, outs and comeback routes, but he is much much much more than the next Matt classel. His command has grown exponentially over these first 11 games and I expect that to continue.

if we can give Jones a true number 1 receiver next year, (metchie?), he is going to take it to a level cassel never sniffed on his best day!
They won't. See my post above. This is by design.

My guess is that If the Pats go into FA for a #1, it will be a linebacker, a corner, a safety or a DE. No way they're buying another WR or TE in the foreseeable future, nor do I expect any high draft picks (the one exception would be if a true top slot guy came available).

And why would a Number 1 WR want to come here to get 6 targets a game?

The only exception to this would be a guy on a prove-it deal, like OBJ if things don't work out for him in LA.

Nah! Dugger is more of a strong safety. I heard someone describe him as a more talented second stint with the Pats Patrick Chung. I think that is a very accurate description.
Dugger reminds me of what I thought Chung would be when they drafted him

if we can give Jones a true number 1 receiver next year, (metchie?), he is going to take it to a level cassel never sniffed on his best day!
Might wanna go watch some of Cassel's best days as a Pat. He was pretty good in helping the team go 11-5, and on his best days he was beast. There's a reason the Chiefs forked over decent capital to get him (regardless of how it all turned out after).

They won't. See my post above. This is by design.

My guess is that If the Pats go into FA for a #1, it will be a linebacker, a corner, a safety or a DE. No way they're buying another WR or TE in the foreseeable future, nor do I expect any high draft picks (the one exception would be if a true top slot guy came available).

And why would a Number 1 WR want to come here to get 6 targets a game?

The only exception to this would be a guy on a prove-it deal, like OBJ if things don't work out for him in LA.
Exactly, don't need or want a top of the market wr1. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have someone who's just a notch above what they have. Imagine prime Jules on this team? Oh man.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back