PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Standouts Through 10 Games

Kyle Dugger has come into his own. Three INTs, 3 PD, 64 tackles.

Leads the entire team in tackles. Do you think he could play FS when DMac hangs it up? Philips is also solid so would want to somehow keep both Dugger and Philips on the field as much as possible. Both Dugger and Philips seem like box safeties.

After a horrific 2-4 start, including 0-4 at home and a historically-embarassing negative-yards rushing game, the team has won 4 straight.

Several players below are notable as Patriot standouts. I would give a major non-player callout to coach Steve Belichick who has been doing a great job as DC. Patriot defense has only given up 12.5 points per game the last 4 weeks, including scoring on pick6's or setting up the offense for 1st and Goal. For the year, the Patriot Defense is 2nd in the league in points allowed per game (17.5pts/game) which is impressive given Jonathan Jones is out, Gilmore is gone, and Bentley / Godchaux / Mills are not good at their positions.

PlayerStat/NFL RankNotes
Mac Jones69% Comp. (4th)5th in PFF QB Ratings
J.C. Jackson5 INT (t-2nd), 14 Passes Defensed (1st)46.8 Opposing QB Rating
Matthew Judon9.5 sacks (t-4th)31 QB Pressures
Kendrick Bourne15.76 yards/rec (11th)130.0 QB Rating when targetted
Damien Harris7 rush TD (t-4th)4th in PFF RB Ratings
Nick Folk91 points (1st), FGA 22-of-24 (1st)25-of-28 on XPs
Hunter Henry7 rec TD (4th)0 drops
Gunner Olszewski13.8 yards/PR (5th)4 20+-yardreturns (2nd)

Source:
Where's the love for JMD now that the Pats are averaging 34 points per game over their last 6 games?

BB has daily practice plans, weekly game plans, monthly goals and plans, contingencies for those plans, and plans in the plans where he plans for various situations that warrant planning.

He's like the Russians, and as Admiral Painter said "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan."

Weeks 1 - 4 went according to plan. Solidify, complete the evaluations, adjust the plans that were planned earlier. Now we are seeing the results. Looks at the successful seasons (one or more playoff wins) - "slow" start, odd loss towards the end (2004 and 2007 being the real exceptions).

This season he lost a pre-season game, but gained a regular season game (which is much better for the true team evaluations). From here on out it's about stability, keeping on course, and not letting success go to the player's heads (Boogeymen anyone?).

You're a bridge troll but yes it's better late than never that they fixed the OLine and started running the ball a lot more, after a disastrous 2-4 start. Keep it going. Offense has played well and the D has also scored points and set up the offense for 1st and goals. Hunter Henry and Harris have helped fix the red zone ineptitude as well.

You're a bridge troll but yes it's better late than never that they fixed the OLine and started running the ball a lot more, after a disastrous 2-4 start. Keep it going. Offense has played well and the D has also scored points and set up the offense for 1st and goals. Hunter Henry and Harris have helped fix the red zone ineptitude as well.
I think you're definition of troll needs some help. Trolls come around pounding the same thing over and over again despite other people's pleas for them to stfu.

Glad to hear you're finally on board with how good of an O coordinator JMD is and maybe, just maybe, the early struggles were partly on Mac, how Mac's pocket movement was affecting the Oline, the Oline themselves, and a host of new players trying to all get on the same page.

Theres many but i think the most important are judon, jcj, and barmore. Without those 3 hard to imagine our d being able to do what its done and the d is mostly whats kept us afloat thus far. Even the 2 games where our offense really exploded, the d probably played good enough to have won with minimal offense. Theyve carried us while the offense found its groove, hopefully get a more even split in the 2nd half.

I would put Barmore either 1 or 2. The trickle down effect of his pressures even though he is constanly double teamed is allowing the Judon and Jc to feast. Guy is an absolute beast. living in their backfield.

I think you're definition of troll needs some help. Trolls come around pounding the same thing over and over again despite other people's pleas for them to stfu.

Glad to hear you're finally on board with how good of an O coordinator JMD is and maybe, just maybe, the early struggles were partly on Mac, how Mac's pocket movement was affecting the Oline, the Oline themselves, and a host of new players trying to all get on the same page.

Definitely wasn't on Mac but clueless staff who thought playing Durant at OLine RT for 6 weeks in a row was a good idea.

A lot of good performances this season. Unexpected one for me is Brandon Bolden. I never thought he’d be considered an important piece in this offense but here we are.

Add Van Noy, 2 sacks and a Pick6 !!

A lot of good performances this season. Unexpected one for me is Brandon Bolden. I never thought he’d be considered an important piece in this offense but here we are.

I really like Bolden. Wonder now if he was buried for the same non-reason Meyers or Harris or Karras never played until enough injuries. (staff has no clue on talent eval. Not talking about BB)

What about dugger .. he looks super solid. And Adrian Philips. Mccourty looks solid. Bailey getting better in last few weeks and folk having another MVP season...

And lastly Mac playing beyond his age and Hunter Henry coming to the party.. Meyers being Mr. Reliable. Jakob being a monster and Mason being rock solid as well . Bourne breaking mould and getting into one of his best seasons

If only agholor , Jonnu and hightower can come into the party ..

What about dugger .. he looks super solid. And Adrian Philips. Mccourty looks solid. Bailey getting better in last few weeks and folk having another MVP season...

And lastly Mac playing beyond his age and Hunter Henry coming to the party.. Meyers being Mr. Reliable. Jakob being a monster and Mason being rock solid as well . Bourne breaking mould and getting into one of his best seasons

K-Dug is an All-Pro in the making

Myles Bryant is playing better than you'd expect from a guy that was recently on the ps.

Folk isn’t getting nearly as much praise as he deserves. The guy was arguably the best player on the 2020 team (or Bailey) and he’s repeated his success this year. Not only that, as time passes BB has more confidence in his long range game. Seemed like last year if it was over 50 yards, they might not try the FG. This year, that isn’t even a consideration. And he’s mostly been gold from 50+. A real weapon.

Last edited:

Agholor had the most receptions on the team last night with 5, second in yards to Bourne, and the only offensive TD in the game.

Take no Patriots receivers on your fantasy team. You will see this for the next couple of years, I'm sure: no one is going to get 10 targets in a game.
BB prides himself on taking away the opposing team's big threat, and it works. Conversely, he has no "big threat" on the Patriots, by design.

Getting 5 for 40 from Agholor, 4 for 39 from Meyers, 4 for 44 from Bourne, 2 for 14 from Harry, 3 for 42 between the 2 TEs, is exactly the way this team will play it. Get used to it or you will be forever upset at Agholor, or Smith, or Harry, or someone else.

Folk isn’t getting nearly as much praise as he deserves. The guy was arguably the best player on the 2019 team (or Bailey) and he’s repeated his success this year. Not only that, as time passes BB has more confidence in his long range game. Seemed like last year if it was over 50 yards, they might not try the FG. This year, that isn’t even a consideration. And he’s mostly been gold from 50+. A real weapon.
We need Folk badly

Definitely wasn't on Mac but clueless staff who thought playing Durant at OLine RT for 6 weeks in a row was a good idea.
Watch some early film. Mac wasn't doing his o line favors, he kept stepping up too far forward into pressure or too far back. I saw plays where he literally ended up parallel to his o line and the d line just collapsed sideways to get the sack.

He's got much better pocket awareness, and the line all of a sudden started playing better when Mac stayed in the pocket

In the offseason, after we have played our last game of this season, if you go back and watch tape of Jones’s first game and Jones’s last game, you will see a qb that has grown tremendously!

I know the mediots knock jones because all he throws are check downs, outs and comeback routes, but he is much much much more than the next Matt classel. His command has grown exponentially over these first 11 games and I expect that to continue.

if we can give Jones a true number 1 receiver next year, (metchie?), he is going to take it to a level cassel never sniffed on his best day!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back