PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Signing Former Vikings WR K.J. Osborn

He is a 3. Played Behind Jefferson and Addison. Might be a 2 in this offense.
Worth remembering that Jefferson is probably the #1 NFL in the league and Addison would be a #1 on many teams himself if not behind Jefferson. So Osborn was "the 3" but not necessarily "a 3". Probably closer to a 2.

IMO he is a Bourne level player - flashes big potential at times but ceiling is probably a solid #2 overall. Seems like he has flexibility to be your X or your Z, also like Bourne. So if they go into the year with Osborn/Bourne/Pop at WR, Henry/Hooper at TE, and Gibson as an actual receiving back which is a big addition, then that is probably good enough to get it done. But, if they can find a WR1 at pick #34 to slot into the top of the pecking order then you are in good shape, with the rookie being the #1, Osborn and Bourne rotating at #2 or giving the rookie a break at times as the #1, and Pop being the slot guy/periodically featured in certain plays.

If it were up to me I'd probably draft Maye or Daniels or McCarthy at 3, then sit him behind Brissett for the year. Draft your WR at 34 (trade up a bit if you love a specific guy, want him specifically and want the 5th year option, since these WR deals are pricey). Then, take a couple swings at OL prospects later and see how you net out. Maybe you find a LT solution between them/Okorafor/a Cole Strange conversion this year, or maybe LT just remains a problem - if so then oh well, Brissett will be on the receiving end. You can go into 2025's draft with a presumably top-15 pick and go get your LT then.

This year it’s Osborn. Next year we sign his former teammate Jefferson.

Now let’s trade our first next year for Rashawn Slater.

I think he displaces Thornton in the Z, along Bourne. Still need an X. Draft it is.

Now let’s trade our first next year for Rashawn Slater.
they would never trade him
also 2025 first rd pick is likely a top 10 even top 7 pick

We got him to match with his buddy Justin Jefferson

Not really…they have the cap space to cut him and just eat the medicine if they think he will never recover from the knee.
I wouldn't be opposed to that. Especially if he eats into the playing time of a better option.

He’s fine. He’s like the tackle from the Steelers. Low-cost, low-risk, low-ceiling free agents. Really just keeping the lights on while we hopefully develop some rookies.

they would never trade him
also 2025 first rd pick is likely a top 10 even top 7 pick
Slater is in his prime and would be a top 5 pick this year. The Bolts may again have cap issues in 2025 and Slater is due for big contract. If we also trade for Higgins (a 2nd this year), who has requested a trade, we are not a top 5 pick team next year.

Why? We need more #3 recievers? Great. Parker replacement . Big Whoopi doooo!!! Seems like Belichick is still here...Fill up the room with JAGS.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back