PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Corey Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave you a funny rating, but I figured this deserved a serious response, too. The Bills brought in an ex-Patriot guy to run the offense, so the playbook probably reflects what the Patriots use, even if it's been modified a bit. That obviously doesn't bode well for Coleman.

I remember some around here who don't hold that ex-pat coach in high esteem. That said I think we could use him like we did Dorsett last year like a 4th option.

Last edited:
I gave you a funny rating, but I figured this deserved a serious response, too. The Bills brought in an ex-Patriot guy to run the offense, so the playbook probably reflects what the Patriots use, even if it's been modified a bit. That obviously doesn't bode well for Coleman.

Quick question did you like Coleman coming out??

Quick question did you like Coleman coming out??

I was surprised he went in the 1st, to be honest. The knock on him was his limited route tree and his tendency to win based on sheer superior athleticism rather than route running, and that definitely showed up when I reviewed his games. I did think he was intriguing, though. Good speed and showed some really explosive playmaking ability. I thought he had a chance to develop into the type of player Cooks was here (for better or for worse). I definitely wouldn't have complained if he'd made it to pick 60.

Honestly, I was more focused on DBs for that draft. I wanted Sean Davis, who went 2 picks before Cyrus Jones (who I feared would end up here, but didn't really like a lot, even though I thought he seemed like a clear scheme fit). Davis has been okay, but not as good as I thought he might be. Better than C. Jones at least! :eek:

Disclaimer: I don't have even close to a perfect track record. I've missed on plenty of WRs.

Last edited:
From a scouting report.

BOTTOM LINE Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft. Coleman's issues with drops near the middle of the field could be a concern if teams see him next as a slot receiver due to his lack of size. Regardless, he can line up outside and win and he offers immediate punt return help.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Corey Coleman

That last sentence is likely why they're working him out.
Ok. Now I am interested ;)

Dude has a bad attitude, acts entitled, can't run routes, and that key drop against Pittsburgh last year scares me. I don't want Dez but would take him over Coleman.

What’s the potential cap hit? Going to have to go through and look at him in more depth

From what I saw on Hard Knocks, no thanks. Bad attitude. Me first dude. I'd pass.

That was embarrassing, how do you ask why you’re running with the 2s maybe cause you’re pure garbage. He was literally bout to cry instead of going out to practice and outplaying the 2s

This guy reminds a lot of Dorsett, too raw right now to really contribute this year. Would probably need a full offseason training with Brady to get any good.

Makes too much sense to sign Dez. Hogan has been bland. Not a #1 guy and sufferes with no JE. Much better #2.
Dez can get contested balls and has a chip.
Hill to I.R McCarron to P.S. and sign Kenjon Barner(4th in punt retrun yardage.) and Dez.
DW Toys
There was a time when the bolded part was true. I'm not sure that's true anymore.

With three roster spots and a dead contract would strongly consider him... he previously had a cap hit of 1.6 million.

The question becomes, "can he take the top off of a defense"??? Never knew what that meant...

With three roster spots and a dead contract would strongly consider him... he previously had a cap hit of 1.6 million.

The question becomes, "can he take the top off of a defense"??? Never knew what that meant...

I'm not sure he can. And as far as FAs go, give me Maclin, I don't even care if he can run anymore. He can play slot and field punts. It's not like McCarron could run.

Even if it's not Coleman, there's still likely to be a move made at the position with the roster spots available. It's refreshing to me to see that at least Belichick recognizes the need when so many of the "everything is wonderful" variety of homers around here were adamant that there wasn't one. Gronk simply cannot get that many targets a game and hope to last the entire season.

Let's get Hansen on ps
Even if it's not Coleman, there's still likely to be a move made at the position with the roster spots available. It's refreshing to me to see that at least Belichick recognizes the need when so many of the "everything is wonderful" variety of homers around here were adamant that there wasn't one. Gronk simply cannot get that many targets a game and hope to last the entire season.
I would of put my house up that Mccarron was being cut when the ball bounced off his facemask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick