PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign tight end Jason Vander Laan to practice squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had him in for a look see a week or 2 ago. He's a former college QB, so there's that.

We had him in for a look see a week or 2 ago. He's a former college QB, so there's that.
If Bill's looking for a college QB/pro TE possibility, then he should've signed Tyree Jackson.
Hope this guy Vanderlay's stay on the PS (as well as Kessler's on the 53) is a short one.

Stop the presses.

He will be active against the cowboys ... Vander Laan will be covered by Vander Esch

Vander Laan had 6,000 rushing yards as the QB at Vander State in Michigan. UFA with the Jets a few years back. He's 25... maybe a shot for intermittent duty.

Vander Laan had 6,000 rushing yards as the QB at Vander State in Michigan. UFA with the Jets a few years back. He's 25... maybe a shot for intermittent duty.
Vanderlay turned 27 over the weekend.

Also keeps alive the streak of Bill acquiring somebody from a team he faced during the pre-season...so we've got that going for us...

Gotta love guys with extra vowels

Vanderlay turned 27 over the weekend.

Also keeps alive the streak of Bill acquiring somebody from a team he faced during the pre-season...so we've got that going for us...
Christ...I once aged 2 years over a weekend when my mother in law stayed in our house o_O

Wtf?! They named the damn school after him ? Kid must be good.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article216544840.html
Rather than catching passes, Vander Laan was much more accustomed to throwing them. And pretty well, too: He was one of the best statistical quarterbacks in college football history. “Started playing football in the fourth grade,” Vander Laan said, “and played quarterback my whole life.”

https://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/sports/fball/2015-16/bios/vander_laan_jason_len0?view=bio
2015 KEY STATISTICS & INFORMATION:
Ran for over 500 yards more than any other QB in country this year
Most rushing yards by a QB in the country this year (1,542) & top 10 overall
Ranked among nation's top 10 in completion percentage & rushing TD's (24)
Ranked in top six overall in rushing yards per game (128.5) & rushing td's (24)
Ranked in top five nationally in total offense (347.2) & 2nd in scoring (12.0)
Ranked #1 in nation in points responsible (306) for this season
Ranked in top 10 in passing efficiency (159.1), total rush yards (1,542) & yards per pass attempt
Had eight 100-plus yard rushing games this year & threw for more than 100 in all 11 games
Posted 150 rushing yards or more in five outings
Threw for a career-high 419 yards in win over rival Grand Valley State on the road
Accounted for six touchdowns in comeback win at league foe Findlay
Ranked second in total offense (14,193) on D2 active career leaders list
Ranked third in most career rushing yards for active D2 players (5,953)
Ranked third on D2 active career list in points per game (10.7 ppg.)

Christ...I once aged 2 years over a weekend when my mother in law stayed in our house o_O
I don't get it, is your mother in law Dutch?

My guess he's here because he can emulate Allen on the scout team. He's about the same size as well. I don't see the need to add him to the PS as a TE. We have too many as it is right now, when Watson comes back.

So here's what I think. He comes in to help as the scout team QB this week. We keep him around for a month on the PS, while we play the Giants Wash. and Jets, and let him try and make an impression as a TE. THEN he can be the scout team QB again while we play the Browns and Ravens. After that will depend on how he's looked at TE

Not a bad gig. He can pick up close to 30 grand in a month, and get to tell his grandkids he once played with Tom Brady and the Patriots back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back