Patriots Select WR N'Keal Harry in Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Select WR N'Keal Harry in Round One

Ian Logue

It was nearly midnight by the time the Patriots made their selection during round one of the 2019 NFL Draft and Bill Belichick, as usual, made it interesting.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

If this kid can become a close-enough version of AJ Brown & Deebo Samuel on the inside, and a close-enough one of DK Metcalf on the outside, then this pick is a Winner.

I won't pretend to know anything about this guy (I spend all Sunday watching the NFL so I at least give Saturdays to my family), but I am intrigued that it's a receiver.

I wish they landed one of their targeted WR free agents, but in lieu of that this was the next best thing.

I didn't think they'd go WR, but if they did, I expected Harry or AJ Brown.

I think that a lot can be said about the fact that Harry's visit seemed to go so well..

Patriots first-round pick N’Keal Harry details meeting Bill Belichick, which included ‘cracking jokes’

Attitude is a huge part of success and this kid looks like he's got the perfect attitude for the team. The fact that he's a big guy and willing to go over the middle and fight for the ball is huge regardless of the changes in the NFL's defenseless receiver policy.

Not sure when his graduation is, but if he can come in and work with TB and Edelman and the other receivers to get him integrated, he could be a weapon from day 1.

BTW, I can also see the Pats using him similarly to how Patterson was used last year. Not necessarily lining him up as a RB, but on Jet sweeps and bubble screens, etc.

BTW, I can also see the Pats using him similarly to how Patterson was used last year. Not necessarily lining him up as a RB, but on Jet sweeps and bubble screens, etc.

He was used out of the backfield last year and has thrown the ball off of different formations.

Wow! Only five days out from being drafted Harry's already the forgotten man. Bumped down to the 2nd page and only 8 posts.

Harry's already the forgotten man

giphy.gif

On the semi-serious side of things, the following thread about Harry is still on the front page, and has plenty of posts

Welcome To The Pats N'Keal Harry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes