PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's Rookie Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that I did not grow up seeing this game I am amazed how much I love the sport. All my buddies are into Rugby and soccer but no football game comes close to the magnificant game that is American Football. Roll on another season.
Thanks to all for the updates.

Bill made a mistake by benching Butler in the Super Bowl and it likely cost Brady his 6th.

latest
Give it up

Or, in Etling's case, the equipment guys just figured (correctly) that he isn't worth the effort.

IDK. Maybe the figured that he's worth 4 times whoever is wearing #14.5 is worth?

:shrug:

IIRC the NFLPA said that teams can't do blank jerseys anymore. So I guess wrong numbers it is.

IIRC the NFLPA said that teams can't do blank jerseys anymore. So I guess wrong numbers it is.
He’s definitely thumbing his nose at the NFL and their protocol. I would bet you could find all the actual rookie numbers for each team. Obviously that stuff doesn’t matter to B.B.

He’s definitely thumbing his nose at the NFL and their protocol. I would bet you could find all the actual rookie numbers for each team. Obviously that stuff doesn’t matter to B.B.

I have no idea what the rationale is behind the rule is, however ...

BB has actually explained in the past that blank jerseys tend to encourage the guys to get to know each other on a personal level a little more quickly and has used that as part of teamwork building. Other teams have done the same thing - used numberless jerseys in early "getting to know ya" OTAs - for the very same purpose.

Using ridiculously wrong-numbered jerseys may accomplish something similar - especially if the numbers change daily.

So, it's not necessarily an "up yours". It could be just a workaround.

BB has a passive aggressive streak that gets him in trouble at times

It's cute. Shows he cares what people think.

One man's passive aggressive is another's nose thumbing one mores 'cute' caring and still anothers sardonic solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes