PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots re-sign Bourne for 3 years

Those non-targets must be doing some heavy lifting, because NFL Next Gen Stats had Ridley in the bottom 10 receivers in separation on targeted plays.
Next gen also had JuJu .2 better than Ridley and I am calling ******** after watching them.
A WR room of Ridley, KB, Pop, Rook(Pearsall is my hope), Thornton sounds very good, I have not lost complete hope in Bony T, I am assuming that JuJu gets traded post june 1 and Parker is cut.

Those non-targets must be doing some heavy lifting, because NFL Next Gen Stats had Ridley in the bottom 10 receivers in separation on targeted plays.

According to that same list he got as much separation as Tee Higgins and Mike Evans who were 2 guys people in the fanbase wanted to pursue if they hit free agency and was 0.1 off of AJ Brown and DK Metcalf

I saw some funny comments elsewhere about this video. Someone pointed out that Zappe is in the live comments of the stream saying “Bro let’s go we gotta go eat.”

A lot of fans were interpreting this as him being hyped, saying “let’s go! We gotta eat”, as in, “I’m excited, we’re gonna eat good with this team” - and then mocking Zappe for this comment.

But I think he’s literally saying “hurry the **** up Pop I’m waiting on you for dinner, get off ****ing Instagram” because a few seconds later Pop says “Zap I’m waiting on TY and them” and looks out his window, as if giving Zappe an excuse for why he’s live-streaming instead of being elsewhere.

Just thought this was funny and I can low-key appreciate Zappe giving his receivers ****.

Henry and Bourne both back under reasonable contracts. What's not to like?
Hopefully we land on a QB that helps Bourne hit those incentives

What about "the 2023 weapons sucked" people... now that they're re-signing all the same weapons?

giphy.gif

Nice, safe signing. Hopefully he’s healing up and ready to make some plays. Now we need some addition by subtraction. Find a way to replace Parker and Thornton. 1 more year removed from injury JJSS has gotta provide a lil something more and our weapons will be looking solid. Get a powerback and a legit receiving back and Ill be ready to go.

I wanted to move on from Bourne (and Henry), but I get it. Slim pickings in FAcy. At least they didn't over pay.

The draft it is.

Bittersweet

Macs binky.

I wanted to move on from Bourne (and Henry), but I get it. Slim pickings in FAcy. At least they didn't over pay.

The draft it is.
Slim pickings is indeed the issue. I expect that we will still look at free agent WR's and TE's. Personally, re-signing Brown makes sense to me, rather than count on the draft for our #2 TE and #3 TE.

I don't think that it was a matter of moving on. IMO, these were simply good signings. We will continue looking at these positions.

I love it. Everyone talks about Mac Jones - but Kendrick Bourne might be the player who was most negatively impacted by the coaching staff the last 3 years.

Talented player, good teammate. Let the kid cook.

Great move. Glad he's here. He's been a great personality around the the team.

#BourneBlessed
Can't believe BB sat back and watch while Fat Matt tortured this guy. Nice Resign Mayo and Wolf Bourne is a solid #3 now we need a #1. Wolf now move that Bum Parker and throw in 6th Rounder.

Pop Douglas - Bourne and Juju there's still room in the Inn.

It's fine I guess. We do seem to continuously swim about in the same pool of WRs though.

Lots of threes because he’s a good #3 wr

Didn't Ridley not finish a season with the falcons plus gambling?

It's really odd that the 2021 Patriots free agent class is ridiculed as bad, and here we are, 4 years later, we have a number of these guys on the team, we're resigning them, etc.

If Matthew Judon, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, Davon Godchaux were so bad, why are they still on the team? Even Jalen Mills was pretty useful for the $3m a year we signed them.

You grab 5 players you like, you whiff on 2 (Algholor and Jonnu Smith), and this makes the class bad somehow?

Pretty bleak perspective.

Good point. I agree it wasn't as bad as it's made out to be.

However, I have a hard time seeing BB giving out these second contracts.

Next gen also had JuJu .2 better than Ridley and I am calling ******** after watching them.
A WR room of Ridley, KB, Pop, Rook(Pearsall is my hope), Thornton sounds very good, I have not lost complete hope in Bony T, I am assuming that JuJu gets traded post june 1 and Parker is cut.

Bony T needs to figure it out or get cut.

Let's hope Mike Onwenu is next up.

With Sow, Mafi, and J Andrews going into Y2, I think we can spend Onwenu's FA dollars in more constructive places where we have holes. Love the player but the dropoff to Sow is not too much. Onwenu's flexibility to play RT is of value, but he is not a great RT. We need a great RT and LT in the draft. Onwenu will get a high dollar, 4 year deal and we have other far more pressing needs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back