PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots re-sign Bourne for 3 years

If they bring in someone to trump what's here and be the number 1 then you have Pop, Bourne, and Henry it could be a pretty good group. The key will be finding that guy. And then I'd still draft something in 3rd or 4th Rd to fight with JuJu, Parker, and Thornton for the last spots.
Helps that this particular draft is deep in the WR position. You can definitely find talent in the later rds

?Ridley?
Bourne
Douglas
Rookie WR (class is deep gotta feel like they'll take at least 1)
Smith-Schuster

I assume Parker will either be traded or a post 6/1 cut and think Thornton would be out if they are only gonna carry 5. Maybe he stays on if they carry 6.

If the report is true they are gonna make a serious push for Ridley

20240310-1008056.jpg

Chukwuma now the bourne resign. The contracts aren't bad Ida just spent my money elsewhere. Pats had a chance for a remake at WR

Bourne at 3 years/$19.5M - $6.5M per year - is very fair and right around his market value. I assume if he gets fully healthy and actually hits on that potential that he has flashed periodically here, he will earn those incentives and escalate up close to that $11M per year level. Conversely, if he doesn’t get healthy at all then his dead money will be very low if they have to cut him in 2025. I assume his cap hit this year is probably extremely small, maybe $3M or less.

I personally love Bourne and I’m super excited to have him back this year and hopefully for a full 3 more years.

Wolf is doing a great job. Between this and the very team-friendly Hunter Henry deal, I’m impressed. Let’s hope Mike Onwenu is next up.

Chukwuma now the bourne resign. The contracts aren't bad Ida just spent my money elsewhere. Pats had a chance for a remake at WR
Free agency is not open yet. All the big money contracts are resigning or smaller signings of guys who have been cut. Where would you have spent the money so far?

love Bourne

?Ridley?
Bourne
Douglas
Smith-Schuster

I assume Parker will either be traded or a post 6/1 cut and think Thornton would be out if they are only gonna carry 5. Maybe he stays on if they carry 6.

20240310-1008056.jpg
Those non-targets must be doing some heavy lifting, because NFL Next Gen Stats had Ridley in the bottom 10 receivers in separation on targeted plays.

?Ridley?
Bourne
Douglas
Smith-Schuster

20240310-1008056.jpg
I think Thornton probably has some trade value too if they don’t want to keep him, but I imagine the new staff will try to work with him first and trade him in camp if they decide he’s not gonna work out.

Parker will probably go for a 5th or 6th, Juju might be able to be traded for a late pick if they restructure his deal to eat half of his guaranteed salary as part of the trade. Otherwise he will stay here, or be restructured and then cut with a June 1 designation.

Regardless I do think Ridley is in the cards.

It's really odd that the 2021 Patriots free agent class is ridiculed as bad, and here we are, 4 years later, we have a number of these guys on the team, we're resigning them, etc.

If Matthew Judon, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, Davon Godchaux were so bad, why are they still on the team? Even Jalen Mills was pretty useful for the $3m a year we signed them.

You grab 5 players you like, you whiff on 2 (Algholor and Jonnu Smith), and this makes the class bad somehow?

Pretty bleak perspective.

Free agency is not open yet. All the big money contracts are resigning or smaller signings of guys who have been cut. Where would you have spent the money so far?
I wouldn't of spent it Ida saved it. Chukwuma doesn't represent much of an upgrade to what they had on the team. Bourne could be good but coming off the acl I don't know. He's had a couple years and didn't put it together. 2nd contracts go to players that put it all together. Bourne wanted to be here tho and it's always good to keep those players around. Minor moves no biggie

I personally love Bourne and I’m super excited to have him back this year and hopefully for a full 3 more years.
Agreed. He's a real likeable guy and the big thing is he wanted to stay all along and was very public about it.

We want guys that want to be here, not just cause it's where they get the most money.

It's really odd that the 2021 Patriots free agent class is ridiculed as bad, and here we are, 4 years later, we have a number of these guys on the team, we're resigning them, etc.

If Matthew Judon, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, Davon Godchaux were so bad, why are they still on the team? Even Jalen Mills was pretty useful for the $3m a year we signed them.

You grab 5 players you like, you whiff on 2 (Algholor and Jonnu Smith), and this makes the class bad somehow?

Pretty bleak perspective.
It was always a good class, people just focus on the misses.

Bourne at 3 years/$19.5M - $6.5M per year - is very fair and right around his market value. I assume if he gets fully healthy and actually hits on that potential that he has flashed periodically here, he will earn those incentives and escalate up close to that $11M per year level. Conversely, if he doesn’t get healthy at all then his dead money will be very low if they have to cut him in 2025. I assume his cap hit this year is probably extremely small, maybe $3M or less.

Wolf is doing a great job. Between this and the very team-friendly Hunter Henry deal, I’m impressed. Let’s hope Mike Onwenu is next up.
Yep, hope he hits the incentives. That would be good news for us.

Agreed. He's a real likeable guy and the big thing is he wanted to stay all along and was very public about it.

We want guys that want to be here, not just cause it's where they get the most money.
Bourne is a great ambassador of the franchise as well. Judon is always out there in the media talking positively about the team and I think Bourne is in that same ilk. He would probably do it more if he wasn’t a pending free agent and also wasn’t afraid of going in the doghouse at times. Both of those concerns are gone now.

The team needs these guys who will be able to relate to potential incoming free agents and be able to convey what the culture and area is like. In the advent of no Belichick there are a lot of unknowns for visiting players I’m sure.

It's sad that they are actually gonna run it back.
The team isn’t talentless. It just doesn’t have a lot of top tier players and its backups were weak in several positions. And of course it doesn’t have a QB. Bourne as the #3 WR on this team is a good thing. The problem is if he’s the #1 again. Same can be said about Henry being the #1 passing target.

Let’s hope they can bring in some high end talent, but I’m glad they’re bringing the quality role players back.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back