PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Ranked #17 by CBS Sportsline (Pete Prisco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we do all this ranting and raving, let's see how the Pats

do against the Jets. Can Cassel improve a little this week and put

more than 17 points on the scoreboard and can the Pats defense

keep Farve under control? Both the Pats and the Jets beat lousy

teams last week.

more than 17 points on the scoreboard
and can the Pats defense

teams last week.

Yeah, he really needs to work on that 116 passer rating and 72% completion rate, or we ARE DOOOOOOOOOMED :confused:

I'd say perhaps McDaniels needs to be a touch more creative, and for the record. By the time it all shakes out............. KC will turn out to be much better then Miami. KC at least has a good RB, arguably the best TE (most consistant), and a solid WR (who dropped a lot of balls last week though). D played pretty tough against us too.

Last edited:
I don't get Prisco. Remember last year when he said the defending champs had to be #1 in his power rankings? There's nothing wrong with that. That being said, I don't understand why he had the Colts at #1 this year above the Giants and Pats.

I don't care about power rankings; I care about media bias which is pretty prevalent here.

Ahhh Power Rankings. Gotta love em. I think the bottom line in these so called expert rankings is the following:

Power Rankings = Big Fat Nothing

Most of these internet columnists (be it Fox, CBS, ESPN, etc.) are hacks, pure and simple. Do you notice how the real NFL analysts for the networks (like Czarnecki at Fox) never get involved with this fluff. It is fodder for the masses and casual fan. To quote the Bard, power rankings are, "full of sound and fury signifying nothing." Words of wisdom from another Bill ;)

more than 17 points on the scoreboard and can the Pats defense

teams last week.

I agree with parts of this. Let the wins do the talking. But along with that the Pats went 18-1 last year. A great quarterback does not make this happen a great team does. They have a solid team that deserves more respect then this.

Sure Cassell has to improve but in my opinion Farve has to play much better then he did against Miami. Besides the two "highlight" plays I would not say he was great and those two plays will NOT happen against a disciplined defense

I don't see the problem here. A majority of the posters on this board were calling for Cassel's head during the exhibition season and saying the team was screwed if he was the backup. Well, Prisco seems to be agreeing with that posting majority.

Last edited:
Prisco has been in love with Peyton Manning forever. Finally, a few years ago he had to acknowledge that maybe Brady was just as good. Now that Brady has gone down, he can return to his former rants with abandon. Ever seen the columns from CHFF where he was ravaged? Pretty hilarious stuff. I was one of the Pats fans back in 2003-2005 who routinely e-mailed him that his consistent bashing of the Pats was helping them in the lockerroom. I have no doubt that his stupidity will do the same now. Rank away, Pete, and thanks, Love Rodney.

OTOH, Dr. Z just ranked the Pats #2. Of course, he is a crazy, senile old man, so take that for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes