PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Press Conference 1/11/24, 14:00 est.

Scotty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots Unfiltered have mentioned twice that RK will host a Q and A session at approx 2pm today , still nothing official as far as I can see

Saw it mentioned on ESPN.

Thought it was a good presser from RK. Was very open about things. Sounds like we won't have long to wait for new hires.
Really? I came away feeling more and more like this was just action with reason.

So you're saying that RK felt like he had to do something but doesn't have a plan beyond doing that something?

Doing something for the sake of doing something rather than with intent.
The intent was evident. He knows that the team has had a disappointing last 4 seasons and saw that changes needed to be made. Bill saw the writing on the wall. Doesn’t make it any easier for each of them and it was great to see them one last time together for me at least.

@VrabelJr Wasn't meant to be a sarcastic response. Genuinely confused by what point you're trying to make. Feel free to elaborate in more than one sentence.

Biggest takeaway I had was regarding the concept of BB having a reduced role. Kraft more or less said that once a person is in a position of having a certain amount of power, it's very difficult for them to give that up and continue. I've seen that thought process in the corporate worls where a person is almost always laid off rather than being offered a lesser position.

RK also alluded to the fact that as time went by fewer people were standing up to BB; unwilling to disagree with him due to his stature. That in itself is a huge issue. Not sure if that is a failure in not hiring stronger-willed people, a failure of those assistants, a failure on BBs part - or all three.

Kraft also said that the decision was not made until yesterday (Wednesday). Slightly surprised that it took that long.

@VrabelJr Wasn't meant to be a sarcastic response. Genuinely confused by what point you're trying to make. Feel free to elaborate in more than one sentence.
It's like Kraft is going through the motions. I don't know how else to simplify it. Maybe I'll feel different when we hear who we are interviewing and hiring.

It's like Kraft is going through the motions.
Interesting. I don't sense that at all. To me. it felt more like he was doing something he didn't really want to do.

Can anyone highlight some of the interesting answers? I'm at work rn and can't listen but would love to know what was mentioned & how it was said.

Can anyone highlight some of the interesting answers? I'm at work rn and can't listen but would love to know what was mentioned & how it was said.

Biggest takeaway I had was regarding the concept of BB having a reduced role. Kraft more or less said that once a person is in a position of having a certain amount of power, it's very difficult for them to give that up and continue. I've seen that thought process in the corporate worls where a person is almost always laid off rather than being offered a lesser position.

RK also alluded to the fact that as time went by fewer people were standing up to BB; unwilling to disagree with him due to his stature. That in itself is a huge issue. Not sure if that is a failure in not hiring stronger-willed people, a failure of those assistants, a failure on BBs part - or all three.

Kraft also said that the decision was not made until yesterday (Wednesday). Slightly surprised that it took that long.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back