PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Opening Night Plans if Brady's Suspension had Been Upheld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the league expected them to raise the SB banner . . . but the Patriots intended this as a surprise. :D

Would've been glorious. Still glad it didn't come to that though.

I am hoping a 'Fire Roger' chant (or something similar) breaks out during the nationally televised opener. Don't care that he won't be there to hear it- the message will be sent.

gettyimages-82702975-e1434032808178.jpg

Wonder what they are going to do with the 16-0 banner. They should send it to Shula along with the tape of the famous snow plow game.

Wonder what they are going to do with the 16-0 banner. They should send it to Shula along with the tape of the famous snow plow game.

Funny story about that banner. We were in the new Optum club during the first preseason game and I noticed the banner was gone and something else looked different to me but I couldn't figure it out.

It looked different enough to me that I thought a whole new section might have gone in and wondered how it could happen without hearing about it.

We even asked if a new section was added. The obvious answer we got was no. But I could still swear something was different.

When we went back to our regular seats it immediately became apparent I was nuts as from the right angle the one I am used to the section I thought was new clearly had been there the whole time.

This left me thinking I am losing my mind because something just didn't feel right.

A few weeks go by and I still couldn't shake it. Then when asked about where the Banner went Jonathan Kraft said it had to be moved because they put new suites where it used to hang. And a huge sigh of relief went through me as I instantly went from thinking I was nuts to thinking I am one perceptive guy.

And it sounds like for now the 16-0 banner will not be returning as they want to keep it separate from the Title Banners and don't have another place to put it. At least that's what Kraft said I took as more regret they ever put it up in the first place and wanted it gone without admitting that.

I am hoping a 'Fire Roger' chant (or something similar) breaks out during the nationally televised opener. Don't care that he won't be there to hear it- the message will be sent.

The chant needs to be "WHERE is RO-ger?". Loud. In sync. And a lot. A dozen times throughout the game. If Bob Kraft has any balls at all, that needs to include organ accompaniment.

Way better then any participation banner.

Would be funny if they still raised the 12 banner. Place would be a zoo.

Yeah I agree. So they technically don't raise it they drop the cloth covering it up. They should drop the cloth to reveal 12, let the place go nuts for 10 minutes and then reveal the SB champion banner.
Land my chant is: GIVE PICKS BACK, GIVE PICKS BACK

Just looking at that makes my stomach turn...

Just looking at that makes my stomach turn...

It does make my stomach turn, yet there's something about winning this last one in such dramatic fashion that takes a fair bit of the sting out for me.

When you consider the fact that all 6 recent SBs were within four points and we won 4/6, it helps to alleviate some of the **** feeling.

It does make my stomach turn, yet there's something about winning this last one in such dramatic fashion that takes a fair bit of the sting out for me.

When you consider the fact that all 6 recent SBs were within four points and we won 4/6, it helps to alleviate some of the **** feeling.

Yea but oh well lets get another repeat this season maybe Brady will finally get that high "Five" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes