PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots odds for NFL ‘22 season

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Check odds, we’re not in Top 17. First time in more than 20 years that I recall. Are we really worse than Raiders or Dolphins or Cardinals?

B0F480CD-AB13-432A-86FF-F15E1699FE39.jpeg

Check odds, we’re not in Top 17. First time in more than 20 years that I recall. Are we really worse than Raiders or Dolphins or Cardinals?

View attachment 42506

Another great thread! And by great I mean useless/meaningless. These odds are irrelevant (unless you gamble) in late August, let alone on April 14th.

That’s a good price to be had if you like the Pats this year.

I think the 01 team cashed at 60/1 if you bet in April that year

Are we really worse than Raiders or Dolphins or Cardinals?
Considering the 3 game losing streak vs the Fishies............

Bill Belichick Yes GIF by New England Patriots
Happy Brain GIF

I put a couple hundo on Texas A&M at 35-to-1. I know they aren't an NFL team, but their players are sure getting paid like one.

View attachment 42506
You think that we are currently better than the Raiders?

You might consider their Core Four, one of the best in the NFL.
QB, WR, TE, RB

Another great thread! And by great I mean useless/meaningless. These odds are irrelevant (unless you gamble) in late August, let alone on April 14th.

If there are that useless/meaningless............. as in inaccurate........... why don't you profit by putting some money on Nostradamus.

Some throw down money now at these great odds and clean up if the gamble pans out.

The line up looks about right. A Bills vs Bucs super bowl is the consensus. The Pats dont belong up with the pack of contenders.

I think you look at our record last year. We were a playoff team, so we were one of the top 14 teams. While we have added a few new players in free agency, all of the free agents from the year before have had a year to learn the system. We also had a rookie qb who now has a full year of experience under his belt. We lost a few players, but I would argue nothing major, like losing a starting qb or some such. So I would think, right now based upon those things, we are probably a better team than we were last year. Now one can argue that some of the other teams have gotten better, but while that happens, other teams get worse. I would still put us as a playoff team going into the draft, but until the roster is finalized who knows.

Doesn't matter if we are better than the Cardinals. They have an easier path to the playoffs.

As far as the other two teams. Miami beat us twice last year and got better at an area we are weak in. They will be a hard out for a wildcard spot,

The Raiders on paper are better but they are in the one division tougher than us.

Our issue is we didn’t make major improvements. The offensive line lost pieces. We didn’t do much in the running game. We lost JC Jackson. Davante Parker was our big free agent get. That’s good but not a game changer

Packers are WAY too high. Rodgers is not a winner.

I’ll bet 500 bucks to the first person that takes it that the Packers will not make it past the divisional round.
Doesn’t matter. Odds wise they are an easy division winner and got the one seed the last two years and will likely be in the hunt again for that. Even if you think Rodgers will blow it, the path won’t be difficult for them so they will get highway odds.

All the AFC teams are in a hell gauntlet

Packers are WAY too high. Rodgers is not a winner.

I’ll bet 500 bucks to the first person that takes it that the Packers will not make it past the divisional round.
According to the above listed odds, the Packers are the #3 team in the NFC and you are offering a wager that they will not make it to the final-2 of the NFC. Even if I believed in the Packers, I would still need some odds before taking that bet.

I’d go with maybe. The Cardinals are reportedly not playing w their QB (if he is a man of his word) and I don’t like LV as much as others…

Yeah I've only recently heard of the Kyler Midget - AZ Cardinals dispute... That would absolutely knock them down into the pit of Non-Contenders... Little dude's gotta win a PO game before he can dictate new contract terms...

Regarding the Faidahs, since 4-team divisions began in 2002 I cannot recall one with a stronger 4-QB group than the 2022 AFCW... They're also trying to give their running attack more of an attitude with the signings of BB & JJ from the Pats so that their shaky OL (especially the horrible Alex Leatherwood - Gruden/Mayock should've been fired for that pick alone) doesn't have to attempt to protect Carr 40 times/game... Chandler Jones should help their pass rush opposite Max Crosby (because another 1st-round bust Clelin Ferrell isn't up to the task), and Duron Harmon should help avoid allowing big pass plays, though they still should be looking for a FS (& DE) of the Future in the draft... Could be a situation where they miss the POs because of the overall strength of the conference, but they would also be a contender for the top seed if they were in the NFC...

Last edited:

View attachment 42506
We don't worry about what people think we will do. One day at a time and see what that gets you in the end.

as they stand today the Patriots are a 7-8 win team. for the last 3 seasons coach bills team has been abysmal the last quarter of the season. me no think much changes next season. maybe they're sniffing the playoffs on Thanksgiving but they'll do what coach bills teams do - flounder sign the stretch and go 1-4....

I’m not really thrilled about many teams in the AFC, but we need to see how the draft shakes out.

Bills are the best team but were robbed by their defense and/or Coaches allowing a damn FG in under 13 seconds.

Bengals look like a classic one year wonder. Their roster is nothing special.

Chiefs are going in the wrong direction. In fact, they remind me of the late 90’s-2000’s Rams. Their FO is going to ruin that team.

Tennessee is a joke.

LA Chargers have talent, but they haven’t done anything.

I like the direction the Raiders are going and their roster is good considering how many bad picks Gruden and Mayok made. I like Josh’s aggressive moves getting a talented player which was the exact opposite aggressive move he made in Denver trading Cutler for Orton.

Baltimore is becoming an afterthought.

Colts need a playmaker at WR. They are built like the Pats. If they can’t run against a good team and are trailing, they are dead to rights.

I’m not as high as some people are with the Broncos roster and Wilson has become a massive choke artist.

Ditto with the Browns. Who knows when Watson will play and he folds like a lawn chair in big games.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back