PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Nemesis Elimination Day! (Week 16 Game thread for Ravens @ Pitt, Den @ KC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
All of Pats nation will be rooting against the Ravens and Broncos (the last 2 teams to keep us from going to the Super Bowl, 2012, 2013, 2015)

May today be the day where we feast on the tears of our enemies and celebrate the demise of their playoff hopes!!!

Oh...... and have a happy Christmas today!! :)

Last edited:
Lol expect one person to be rooting for Denver for some insane reason.

I wouldn't say I'm really rooting for Pittsburgh, even though my hate of Baltimore is greater. The Pittsburgh Steelers are another of Goodell's favored ones and some of the biggest hypocrites in sports. At least there's a silver lining if Baltimore wins. I don't know how Tomlin still has a job...his teams are consistent underachievers who lack any imagination in their play calling.

Lol expect one person to be rooting for Denver for some insane reason.
Now that you mention it...
If the donkeys win, then they'll have motivation vs the Del Rio Faiders the following week.
I still really, really don't want to have to rely on winning in Miami. We've lost a lot of games there,
even with Brady - including the last 3 straight..

Last edited:
I won't be rooting against Denver at all. DT has gone on record as stating that his team is afraid of playing in Foxboro. Their offense will be even more useless on the road. Let them play at Gillette. They'll get demolished.

Unfortunately, I won't get to watch either game today.

I won't be rooting against Denver at all. DT has gone on record as stating that his team is afraid of playing in Foxboro. Their offense will be even more useless on the road. Let them play at Gillette. They'll get demolished.

Unfortunately, I won't get to watch either game today.
They do have a very bad track record in New England. 4 straight losses I believe.

So that's the new thread or will this get merged into the "official" w16 thread ?

They do have a very bad track record in New England. 4 straight losses I believe.

And most of those losses have been major ass beatings. Usually by 10 to 20+ points.

Last time the Broncos won in NE was 10 years ago.

Last edited:
And most of those losses have been major ass beatings. Usually by 10 to 20+ points.
I remember thinking at half of 24-0 that we were beating ourselves and they hadn't done much. Should have been a blowout too.

I don't really care.

Once the playoffs start, we will face some combination of Roethlisberger or Flacco, Alex Smith, Matt Moore, Macho Man Tommy Savage or Matt McGroin or Trevor Seman (whatever, I'm not bothering to spell their names properly until they prove the are real NFL QBs.

For all the *****ing and moaning about our D not facing an elite QB, we honestly might not even see one in the playoffs unless the Rapist makes it to the conference finals.

But I fear nobody in the AFC. Doesn't mean I think we win in a cakewalk, but we are the prohibitive favourite, and don't need to root for any other match-up or outcome.

Fun fact (at least I think it's a fact): if KC wins out, and Oakland loses next week, Pats first playoff game would be the winner of the Houston/Oakland game. That sounds nice.

So I'm rooting against the Jackasses. Can't decide between the Urine Stained Towels and the Jailbirds. :)

Last edited:
Meh, I'm fine with leaving it as a separate thread. Carry on.

8b7d3752rc537r4d32ra6ffrc42559a7f300.jpg

"God bless you and your beneficent moderatorly indifference." :)

Perhaps foolish, but I think both teams playing at 4:30 Eastern are the true thorns. I think either BAL or PIT could come to Foxborough and be a pain. They are usually tough and have enough playmakers to make things interesting.

On the other hand, the late game has KC which is always hailed as "the sleeper" but then looks lame in the playoffs. DEN has such a tough road that I'd say they are the least likely of all four to make the playoffs & even if they make it, the O stinks hard.

I can't root for the rats but it wouldn't shock me if they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back