PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots name Dean Pees as Defensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtbykr said:
Ok, now which team is peas headed to next year after we win the superbowl?

Exactly. Pepper knows he just has to wait another year and he's set.

NEM said:
Yes we did. There was a leak about it this afternoon.

I bet someone was pissed there was a leak about Pees.

Why would anyone care if it was leaked?

How about Bates as the Jets DC?

groundgame said:
How about Bates as the Jets DC?

Hmmm. That would worry me. I like Bates and I think he would bring a lot to the table for the Jets. Something tells me EM is going to over his head with NYJ, and Bates would provide stability and leadership. Just my 2 cents worth.

I dont believe that Pepper will have any problem.

BB is a good manager. When you are a good manager, everyone knows where they stand with you. Mangini became the DC last year, because he was the next in line. Thats not a title, but something that is evident every day among a staff working together.
If BB chose Pees, I am quite confident that it was evident from the dynamic of the staff that Pees was a leader among them, knowledgable and impactful.

I would say, with no question in my mind (based on both the decision and the experience of each) that as LB coaches, Pepper learned from Pees and listened to his thoughts and advise and not the other way around.

There is never such a thing as equals among peers. Leaders emerge, some are teachers, some are students among themselves.

Pepper Johnson cannot feel bypassed in my opinion, if BB is a good manager who knows his people and lets them know where they stand with him.

Reading about Pepper's background, he was a 2-time Pro Bowl DL retiring from the Jets in 1999. He's coached LB's as well as the line - all under Belichick.

Lloyd_Christmas said:
Personally, I think BB is just trying to aPees Dean and Pepper should be steaming mad.
Pees stop. ;)

Felger was on NEST and he seems to think the players will be really happy with Pees. It sounds like they like him and Felger, while not quite saying it, seemed to think Pees might be an upgrade from Mangini this past year (if not an improved Mangini next year). As Felger has access to the players, this was good. Wilfork also was on and seemed happy with Pees and that they stayed in the organization. When asked if Mangini was ready, Wilfork dodged it by saying that the Jets obviously think he is.

Pees was obviously brought in for this day.

Shouldn't we name an OC to protect one more of our coaches, as we have Pees?

In the next month, there will be a free for all for coordinators.

mgteich said:
Shouldn't we name an OC to protect one more of our coaches, as we have Pees?

In the next month, there will be a free for all for coordinators.
No protection needed. If they're under contract they can't leave without permission except to be a Head Coach.

Wasn't Pees mentioned as a DC for the Dolphins last year?

I guess Nick Saban can't take Pees without getting permission from Belichick first!

I just hope all of us will be patient with him in his new role.... I guess all I am saying is give Pees a chance.

(ok, I'm done now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back