PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Monday 12/18/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
I don't want to hear all the "Zappe is quicker and has better command of the offense" crap... he is the exact same as Mac.
Anyone who says otherwise is falling into the same wormhole that all the Mac fans were in the last 3 years.
Zappe had some nice throws, moved well at times, processed quickly at times - then turns into Zack Wilson for several game-blowing plays that make all the difference.
He is not the exact same as Mac. For starter Mac would have been sack twice as much and would have made game blowing plays in the first quarter instead of the third.

We at least saw a competitive and entertaining first half

New pod from Curran and Perry:

What universe are we living in ? NE has zero QBs and yet two of them are poached from our practice squad ? Just when you think you understand life….
To be backups on other teams. It's not like they're going to be replacing Jackson or Herbert.

This either means Grier & Cunningham know the Pats are drafting the QB of the future and signing a solid Vet next year, or that Zappe is going to be the guy and they want nothing to do with waiting their turn on a doomed team. Let's hope it's option 1.
How would they know any of this?

What universe are we living in ? NE has zero QBs and yet two of them are poached from our practice squad ? Just when you think you understand life….
I think the situation here is that the teams grabbing NE’s 3rd and 4th QBs have very good 1st string QBs but not great backups. Particularly LAC who had Easton Stick looking awful this week. A lot of teams have terrible backups but you just never find out. Grier and Cunningham might be better than the 3rd string QBs on these teams but that doesn’t mean they’re that good overall. And that doesn’t fix NE’s problem which is that they haven’t had a starting caliber QB all year.

Interesting read by Hurley:

Jim Harbaugh: 1 playoff win in 10 years.

Successful coaches are kept.

I just read that Tomlin and Carroll are in the same boat as Harbaugh.

3 coaches, 3 decades and 3 wins between them.

Last edited:

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back