PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Lose Two OTAs Due To Rule Violation

You were given a warning, told to knock it off and you kept violating the rule. WTF?

Last edited:
If players called the NFLPA like Zo mentioned I’m thinking the players can‘t stand Judge and can’t believe he’s back. If it was another coach would the player/s have called the NFLPA?
There are also reports that an NFLPA rep already in the building.

From Mike Reiss:

3. OTA violation: New England was stripped of two organized team activities because of coaches' scheduling that resulted in players spending more than their allowed time at the team facility. The NFL also could have fined Belichick as much as $100,000 but instead chose $50,000. The league could have additionally fined the Patriots’ organization (paid by ownership) but didn’t do so. While that could be related in part to the Patriots’ cooperation with the investigation, it more decisively reflects, in the view of some around the NFL, how the violation was primarily about carelessness/lack of attention to detail on the day an NFL Players Association staff member was visiting as part of standard operating procedure.

Auburn coach Hugh Freeze praises Patriots rookie WR Demario Douglas

I roll through some stop signs. I don’t run red lights.
I roll through some stop signs as well. But if I do that, get pulled over, am let off with a warning and still continue to roll through stop signs then that's on me when I get a ticket.

The NFLPA allows more Thursday Night Football, Christmas Eve games, longer seasons, horrible salary cap for player etc., but woah boy if a meeting is 15 minutes longer during June when it's to the players' advantage to get in this work.

Complete joke.

Yep… With Stokoe the Clown and the rest of the Non-men on Park avenue, it has never Ever been about “player safety.” That’s just the beard they wear to disguise their true intentions…

You were given a warning, told to knock it off and you kept violating the rule. WTF?

Yep, Bill might feel that some of these rules & regs are silly & non-impactful to competitive advantages - and not without some justification - but the dude still needs to abide by them nonetheless.

And for the record, I’m not a fan of having Any OTAs cancelled in the post-Brady era, whatever the reason; this team needs all the work they can get.

They wanted at least one of those OTA's (some media members were a little perplexed by the cancellation since it was the first one with media availability). The team tried to spin it like they were cancelling them (a la last year) instead of being taken away by the league.
Wasn't Joe Judge responsible for cancelling last years OTA's due to the OC and QB coach not being able to gain the confidence of the players? I think the fact that this years issue is simply a clerical error shows real progress.

How do we know that Judge didnt tell BB that "this axxhole is breathing down my neck and warned me about going over the time span", but BB told Judge "F that SOB, we'll only quit if we get fined"

Wasn't Joe Judge responsible for cancelling last years OTA's due to the OC and QB coach not being able to gain the confidence of the players? I think the fact that this years issue is simply a clerical error shows real progress.

So at least he’s got that going for him…which is nice.

Remember when Brady, after 18 yrs, skipped OTAs .....ya know......"For The Family" (LMFAO)
And reports out of Gillette were how this irritated Bill.

Fast forward a few years....

Now the septuagenarian cracks jokes about admittedly costing his team two practice sessions:
On losing two OTAs Belichick: We had a good long weekend.

In 2022, the team had issues simply lining up correctly.
In 2023, the team has issues simply qualifying to practice.

The good news:
Mac was reportedly very accurate in the 0-2 yd screen pass game during the 'shorts and t-shirt session
While Bill emphasized special teams in a league deemphasizing special teams.

OIP.DuX6qBImzN4kjgedSkW42gHaHa

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back