PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Jersey Questions (90s Era)

BennyBledsoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
New Vtg Wilson Pro Line New England Patriots Bledsoe Football Jersey Men XXL 52 | eBay

Did Wilson ever make Patriots jerseys? I'm pretty sure they didn't. As far as I recall, the only companies that made that style of Patriot uniform were adidas and Starter.

Speaking of Starter jerseys...

http://smncc.com/store/images/P/18952 - TV Guide Brett Favre.jpg

I have this Bledsoe jersey BUT I don't think he ever wore it except on these covers. It also does not have the usual gussets along the side (the stretchy material between the front and back halves of the jersey).

Anybody have any clue what the hell I'm wearing?

New Vtg Wilson Pro Line New England Patriots Bledsoe Football Jersey Men XXL 52 | eBay

Did Wilson ever make Patriots jerseys? I'm pretty sure they didn't. As far as I recall, the only companies that made that style of Patriot uniform were adidas and Starter.

Speaking of Starter jerseys...

http://smncc.com/store/images/P/18952 - TV Guide Brett Favre.jpg

I have this Bledsoe jersey BUT I don't think he ever wore it except on these covers. It also does not have the usual gussets along the side (the stretchy material between the front and back halves of the jersey).

Anybody have any clue what the hell I'm wearing?

His jersey on the cover of TV Guide (which game me a stomach pang recalling the final result) looks like the usual fare. And wat in tha heck is a gusset? lol. I'll take your word for it, but still. That like a gasket er sumpthin?

And on the Wilson thing, I dunno but I have a Patriots MacGregor jersey from the late 80's. It was manufactured for Pop Warner age players and it's rare as hell. That Wilson might be a counterfeit (which I wholeheartedly support that typa thing. The whole rogue aspect is a turn on.)

http://cachemediasrv.patriots.com/ImgDyn.cfm?s=000007.jpg&c=1&w=525&cs=1

Look at the side and see the area where it goes from the stripey/satiny material to a more matte look? That's a gusset. It allows the jersey to flex better. It's also missing on the jersey linked to in the Super Bowl pic.

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/drew-bledsoe.jpg

Now compare the shoulder yoke area. Notice how the one I linked to (the Super Bowl pic)... the Patriots wordmark under the NFL shield is on this solid part? Now look at the game photo against the Steelers. The wordmark is now on the mesh part of the jersey just like every other jersey made during this time.

I can almost guarantee you're right about Wilson never doing Pats uniforms in the '90s. That eBay item looks like a knock-off.

Still was a great look, very unique. I miss it sometimes. I have an authentic Terry Glenn jersey from that era (took the nameplate off).

I have an "authentic" Bledsoe jersey made by Wilson that I got for Christmas in 95. I don't know where my parents ordered it from, but I think it was the NFL shopping catalog that used to come in the mail every year. Remember, back then it was the Wild Wild West for NFL jersey's...anyone could make them and sell them.

I doubt it's authentic in that it was made by the NFL, but it is most likely a very high quality. My Bledsoe jersey is still in excellent condition.

Yeah, I knew anyone could make the replica jerseys way back when (IE: the screen printed ones). I've seen Logo 7, Apex One, Pro Player, Starter, Wilson, Champion, Nike, Adidas, Reebok, pretty much every minor and major company got in on the replica jersey action.

I think I remember what you mean about Wilson slapping 'authentic' on its jerseys....right, that NFL catalog.

And I LOVED that NFL Shopping Catalog! I remember being annoyed by the severe lack of Patriots stuff, though. I ended up with Dolphins shoes for awhile there (my early teenage years were not guided by much fashion sense).

I remember the NFL Shopping catalog would make Super Bowl hats and would put two teams on it, and for the 95/96 season I was so excited because they put the Patriots and Cowboys logo on it. Of course, that 95 team crapped the bed...

If I can find my Bledsoe jersey I'll take a picture and post it (most of our stuff is packed, we are getting ready to move IL). The stitched Wilson logo looks different, its like a NFL logo but has a W/S in it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back