PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots interested in Falcons LB Paul Worrilow

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Patriots interested in trading for Falcons LB

Interesting...Could this mean that Hightower is gone?

Meet Paul Worrilow: LB on Pats radar

Unsurprisingly Pats are definitely in the LB market.

Speed and agility indeed seem to be the order. Glad to see that.

Huge numbers at his Pro Day (not invited to Combine):
His 3 cone drill time of 6.50 would have been the fastest at the combine dating back to at least 2006!
__

He had huge 3 seasons as Falcons leading tackler until emergence of Dion Jones.
Four games into his rookie season, Worrilow became a starter at middle linebacker and became the first undrafted rookie to lead the team in tackles with 127. Worrilow was a starter for the next two seasons as well, with 143 tackles in 2014 and 98 tackles in 2015. Worrilow lost his starting job this season when Atlanta drafted Deion Jones out of LSU in the second round last spring.

But this is where it gets real Patriotic:
“One story that doesn’t show up enough is that when we drafted Deion Jones, Paul Worrilow was the one spending extra time with him,” Quinn said in November. “So if that’s not an example of a good teammate trying to take it as far as you can for the team, we don’t have a better one than that.

He brought Deion in early. He stayed late for film, brought him to his house, which is not the easiest thing to do when you’re competing at the same spot. I think that goes to show the type of guy he is and the type of teammate he is.”

Worrilow learned how to play special teams, something he had never done.

"I love running down on kickoff and all the coverages," Worrilow said. "All the teams, that's ball. Ball is ball, in my mind. Every snap is all the same to me when I'm out there. If special teams in my opportunity to put the helmet on and go there and run around and hit people and contribute to this team, that's where I'm at."

Full story here: Paul Worrilow's Super Bowl dream about to come true
__

Small tribute to his great character here:
Worrilow just wants to be an Atlanta Falcon

+ he carries a true great story

In the spring of 2011, Worillow discovered he had been matched to a 23-year-old female leukemia patient in need of a life-saving peripheral blood stem cell donation. Worrilow had two-years-prior signed up for the National Marrow Donor Program, through which the chances of becoming a donor are 2/10ths of 1 percent. In the five days leading up to the procedure, Worrilow underwent a series of injections of a drug called filgrastim to increase the number of blood-forming cells in his bloodstream. On May 25, 2011, over the course of 6 hours, Worrilow's blood was then removed through a needle in one arm and passed through a machine that separates out the blood-forming cells, returning it back through a vein in his other arm. Worrilow has yet to meet the woman who received his donation.

Last edited:
The 3-cone....

Can he play the slot ?

"Hey, I know we kicked your ass in a historic way a few weeks ago and all, but can we make a deal that will likely make us better when we figure out how to turn your garbage into an All-Pro? Is that cool? Yes, no, maybe?"

Very informative post. Thanks LD.

You realize with or without Hightower we need LB depth... Right?

Without him, yes, with him not so sure. KVN, McLellin, Roberts, Freeny all under contract. We may draft one. With Hightower I'd say the boat is full considering the amount of big nickel we play.

This is likely preparation in case it becomes clear they will lose Hightower. They should know what market is prior to March 9. And I wonder if Kendricks is an option on the trade front if Hightower's and Worrilow's markets prove to be too high.

Hightower is gone. Everyone is saying he is going to set the market. I think HT works best with BB's scheme because of his versatility. But... I don't see the Pats paying him more than 12-13m a year.

I think he is going to cash in big time.

Hightower is gone. Everyone is saying he is going to set the market. I think HT works best with BB's scheme because of his versatility. But... I don't see the Pats paying him more than 12-13m a year.

12 to 13's good money. I don't know how much guarantee money they offering. It's dissapointing if he leaves but i hope they find a good replacement.

More noise. File it under unrelated to Hightower

Without him, yes, with him not so sure. KVN, McLellin, Roberts, Freeny all under contract. We may draft one. With Hightower I'd say the boat is full considering the amount of big nickel we play.

This is likely preparation in case it becomes clear they will lose Hightower. They should know what market is prior to March 9. And I wonder if Kendricks is an option on the trade front if Hightower's and Worrilow's markets prove to be too high.
They could also be preparing for the loss of Mingo on special teams, which is probably much more likely.

Worrilow wouldn't even be a lock for the roster though. To me I can't read anything out of this.

Good....except Bill's offer or GTFO

Seems like the typical Patriots pickup in FA. This is what keeps us competing..

Can't wait for next week for people to go nuts over those "meh" signings... Popcorn time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes