PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PAtriots Fans (Only) Are you feeling confident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thechris said:
I'm nervous about the Broncos blitz. It they continually get to Brady, I don't think we can win.

That was my #1 key to this game. I do think that they will keep Tom clean this time around.

I think Denver will try to run the ball alot. I also think we will stop the run and force Plummer to pass. Or excuse me rather attempt to pass. He will either get sacked or the pass will be intercepted. :)

I feel good about this game.

The only way we lose it via turnovers, or ST runback for TD. If Watson or Brady put the ball on the ground, or the Broncos get a tipped ball INT (or worse)... then that's the equalizer.

But if the teams play up and down the field for four quarters, I'm confident that the Pats will win handily.

I posted this somewhere else... but this to me feels like the Colts game last year. I was nervous all week, just like last year, and then after the colts game, I was confident and relaxed through the super bowl.
My main source of confidence in this game is that I truely believe that if each team plays its A Game, the Pats would win by a Adam FG at the end. But I think that if the Pats can take the Broncs out of their running game, which I think they can, then it will be the Pats game with a runaway in the 2nd half like last week.

I feel good.

The team is in much better shape than the last time they came into Denver.

Regardless of what happens, I'm proud of the Patriots for how they have overcome a lot of adversity this year.

Make no mistake- I'm expecting a win tonight, but I'm at peace. This has been another season reflective of the best franchise in all of sports.

May the best team win, BF!!! I just think it will be the Pats, that's all. I feel very confident that the Pats' experience and their VASTLY improved play since the October game will put us over the top. No blowout, but a solid win for the Pats!!!!

For me, I'm cautiously optimistic. I know that anything can happen out on that football field, I know that the Pats can play a flawless game and some fluke play can take it all away. All I'm "confident" of is that we won't get embarrased like we did in the first 3 quarters the last time we played them.

That being said I'm not as scared of Denver as I was when the playoffs began.

Tunescribe said:
Here's what I'm struggling with: Our recent history against Denver (more losses than wins, especially at Denver), the problems in our defensive backfield (especially concerned about Hobbs getting picked on and our safeties not filling the breach), our sputtering running game, Denver being healthier and fresher after a bye week, and the Broncos' homefield advantage (crowd, altitude, undefeated home schedule this year, etc.). It seems to me that there is a ton weighing on Brady's shoulders in this game. But if anyone can overcome these obstacles, the Pats can. I saw firsthand what they did at Pittsburgh in the AFCCG last season and it was awesome. I am not pessimistic, I am hopeful. But I'm damn nervous about this one.

I'm with you Tunie. I am nervous tonight. I wasn't last week. That being said, your comparison to the AFCC last year in Pittsburgh is right on. This game reminds me of that one. I wasn't nervous before the Indy game last year but I was before the AFCC in Pitt. The Pats finest moment last year, to me, was that Pitt AFCC game.

If they win tonight, no one will stop the steamroller. You could get the parade route ready.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
I'm with you Tunie. I am nervous tonight. I wasn't last week. That being said, your comparison to the AFCC last year in Pittsburgh is right on. This game reminds me of that one. I wasn't nervous before the Indy game last year but I was before the AFCC in Pitt. The Pats finest moment last year, to me, was that Pitt AFCC game.

If they win tonight, no one will stop the steamroller. You could get the parade route ready.

its funny to see all of our different perspectives of what games make us nervous etc. as I said earlier, I was the exact opposite, VERY nervous before the colts game but after that, was relaxed and confidend with the Pats

shmessy said:

I have pre-game anxiety and it can't come fast enough. But, I do feel a confidence for this game that I didn't feel last week.

I feel very good and here is why:

Artrell Hawkins
Troy Brown
Teddy Bruschi
Richard Seymour
Kevin Faulk
Corey Dillon
Hobbs
Vrabel first game moving inside

I think these guys will be quite enough to vault us over the top.

I'm strangely confident. I'm usually nervous. I think tonight will be a blowout.

I've been careful to keep all my pregame rituals intact, lest my unusual confidence jinx us!

I am confident about tonight. IMO, the measure of a dynasty is no longer how many years a team with the same players and coaches can win. In this day and age, it is measured by how well a team can cope with change in players and coaches. To get as far as we have in this season and still be in a position to move on is testimony to the fact that the Patriots will be considered among the greatest teams of all and will be contenders for some time to come. Holding a team together is no longer the measure of greatness,adaptation and the recognition of talent and the projection of the ability to contribute are. We are truly fortunate to be fans of a team so uniquely able to do so.

nhpatsfan said:
I'm strangely confident. I'm usually nervous. I think tonight will be a blowout.

I've been careful to keep all my pregame rituals intact, lest my unusual confidence jinx us!

I have mine too. They will start at 7:30, but I'm not sharing them. People will think I'm nuts.

PATSNUTme said:
I have mine too. They will start at 7:30, but I'm not sharing them. People will think I'm nuts.

Not on these boards they won't. The general public might have you committed, but here I'm sure we're in good company.

yes

PATSNUTme said:
I must say that I am feeling confident about this game. Denver is a very good team and they are playing at home. But I do feel confident about a Patriot win tonight.

I was very nervous last week about the Jags, mostly because they were an unknown. When we won, I didn't really want to see us playing Denver in Denver.

But as the week has gone along and looking hard at the two teams that are playing tonight, I have been becoming more confident day by day. I don't think this is just a "homers" type of confidence either.

Barring a key turnover or two, I'm confident that we beat this very good team by a TD.

I am definitely confident.....Pats have the playoff experience edge over Bronc's......Plummer-butt is a huge question mark especially under pressure......and the Pats are pretty darn healthy again....and most importantly HAVE THE MOMENTUM going into tonight's game. We beat the HECK out of a very tough Jax team last week.......very impressive win and showed why they have been and continue to be at the TOP of the NFL!!!!

I will be very proud of this team either way...LET'S GO PATS!

AStack75 said:
I am very nervous about this game. I agree that the Patriots team now is not the same team as earlier in the season. However, we are still playing in Denver versus a very good team who won 13 games and is the #2 seed. #1 and #2 seeds win the divisional round 80% of the time.

Here's two words to easy your mind:

Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill