PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PAtriots Fans (Only) Are you feeling confident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I must say that I am feeling confident about this game. Denver is a very good team and they are playing at home. But I do feel confident about a Patriot win tonight.

I was very nervous last week about the Jags, mostly because they were an unknown. When we won, I didn't really want to see us playing Denver in Denver.

But as the week has gone along and looking hard at the two teams that are playing tonight, I have been becoming more confident day by day. I don't think this is just a "homers" type of confidence either.

Barring a key turnover or two, I'm confident that we beat this very good team by a TD.

PATSNUTme said:
I must say that I am feeling confident about this game. Denver is a very good team and they are playing at home. But I do feel confident about a Patriot win tonight.

I was very nervous last week about the Jags, mostly because they were an unknown. When we won, I didn't really want to see us playing Denver in Denver.

But as the week has gone along and looking hard at the two teams that are playing tonight, I have been becoming more confident day by day. I don't think this is just a "homers" type of confidence either.

Barring a key turnover or two, I'm confident that we beat this very good team by a TD.

Just watching how confident they individually seemed in interviews this week (and I mean confident not ****y) I do feel like they feel they have Denver's number. We'll know by 8:45 PM EST.

Last edited:
I think that we are going to come out of Denver with a win. We're healthly and peaking at the right time. As long as everyone does their job and stays focused we'll be one step closer to our ultimate goal.

GO PATRIOTS!!

PATSNUTme said:

dude. im confident we will win by much more then that.

Until the Patriots play badly in a playoff game, I will assume they'll play near their best - and if they do that they'll win. How will we lose ? If we play a bad game, which could happen in a tough environment. But I'll have to see them play a bad playoff game before I believe it'll happen.

So . . . yes I am feeling confident. But I don't assume we'll win like I did last week.

I, for one, am NOT feeling confident about this game. I think we are the underdog and deservedly so. HOWEVER, I am a firm believer that we are capable of winning and will not be surprised if we do. I am nervous about this one and I think it will be a tough battle to the end. I have personally attended the Patriots' last seven playoff games (including Super Bowls) and this will be hard to watch on television. GO PATS!!!!! :rocker:

Tunescribe said:
I, for one, am NOT feeling confident about this game. I think we are the underdog and deservedly so. HOWEVER, I am a firm believer that we are capable of winning and will not be surprised if we do. I am nervous about this one and I think it will be a tough battle to the end. I have personally attended the Patriots' last seven playoff games (including Super Bowls) and this will be hard to watch on television. GO PATS!!!!! :rocker:

Tune, It will be a tough game because we are playing a good team at their home.

But, there is no reason not to feel confident. Everyone deals with every game differently. Hell, I was in knots last week before the game and at the half.

I have my usual pre playoff game antsy confidence. Not nervous about how the Pats will play. They will play with their usual heart of a champion. Let's get it on....

Pat the Pats Fan said:
I have my usual pre playoff game antsy confidence. Not nervous about how the Pats will play. They will play with their usual heart of a champion. Let's get it on....

Yes, lets!!!!!!!

I'm nervous....but confident at the same time. I'm never assured of a win until the game is over, but the butterflies in my stomach aren't flying as fast as they have in the past.

Bronco Freak said:
Yes, lets!!!!!!!

Signs BroncoFreak has not yet exited grade school:

1) Frequent uses of "ROFL" and "LMAO" and "OMFG."

2) Inability to construct coherent sentences in debate.

3) Frequent use of non-constructive, kiddy eye-candied videos of hits that have no bearing whatsoever on how the technicalities of the game will be played on Saturday.

4) Excessive taunting, such of that of an immature teenager.

5) Exhibition of football knowledge not stretching beyond that of Pop Warner.

6) Frequent self-contradictions when backed up against walls.

7) Poor grammar and a typical "I don't care, this is a football board" response to its criticism.

8) Frequent phrases or words in all-caps.

9) Excessive amounts of exclamation points at ends of "sentences."

I am very nervous about this game. I agree that the Patriots team now is not the same team as earlier in the season. However, we are still playing in Denver versus a very good team who won 13 games and is the #2 seed. #1 and #2 seeds win the divisional round 80% of the time.

PATSNUTme said:
Tune, It will be a tough game because we are playing a good team at their home.

But, there is no reason not to feel confident. Everyone deals with every game differently. Hell, I was in knots last week before the game and at the half.

Here's what I'm struggling with: Our recent history against Denver (more losses than wins, especially at Denver), the problems in our defensive backfield (especially concerned about Hobbs getting picked on and our safeties not filling the breach), our sputtering running game, Denver being healthier and fresher after a bye week, and the Broncos' homefield advantage (crowd, altitude, undefeated home schedule this year, etc.). It seems to me that there is a ton weighing on Brady's shoulders in this game. But if anyone can overcome these obstacles, the Pats can. I saw firsthand what they did at Pittsburgh in the AFCCG last season and it was awesome. I am not pessimistic, I am hopeful. But I'm damn nervous about this one.

Tunescribe said:
I have personally attended the Patriots' last seven playoff games (including Super Bowls) and this will be hard to watch on television. GO PATS!!!!! :rocker:
Ditto....this is a very weird feeling today. Last postseason game I watched on TV was SB36. So I'm wearing my SB36 Champions Locker Room Cap today that I've never worn before. Stupidstitions.

I'm nervous as all hell, but that's normal for me.

Yea, I'm a little nervous. Just like I was nervous the Colts were going to put up a lot of points on us in last years playoff game. I was nervous about the Steelers playoff game too. Sometimes I'm just so silly.

Tunescribe: I could be wrong but I think we are 2-2 with the Broncos in the last 4 meetings.

I'm nervous about the Broncos blitz. It they continually get to Brady, I don't think we can win.

thechris said:
I'm nervous about the Broncos blitz. It they continually get to Brady, I don't think we can win.

Comon man... wheres your faith?
ITS GAMEDAY BABY! WE CAN DO IT!

Tunescribe said:

--------------------------------

Ditto for me...this is also how I feel...they had/have a rough road this year? Can they go all the way?? Let me put it this way, I think they should be able to compete and not be a push-over...the coaches prepare, the players prepare, they have the game plan....they have proved they can make adjustments on the fly if need be..I think this will be a great game and I think the guys will be prepared...they have a awesome strength and conditioning coaches, some of the best in the league, hopefully that will be enough. On the way over to the boys pad...be back posting tmr, win or lose, they are our Patriots!!! Ciao gang. (who's excited to be in Denver for AFC Divisional....Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). :rocker:

I'm feeling confidant. We're going to stifle their running game and force Jake to beat us via the air. He'll eventually mess up, we'll convert those t/o's to points.

Patriots 27, Donkeys 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye