PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots dominance this decade is otherworldly

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question has become, which decade of the dynasty was better.

2000-2009 (3 out of 4 SB)
or
2010-Present (2 out of 3 SB and counting)

So far, the first: more championships and an undefeated regular season. I could see a solid argument for the latter years eclipsing the former, however, if Brady adds another ring. Pretty amazing experience. We're quite fortunate to live through this part of history.

Indy won 115 reg season games from 00-09. Setting a record. NFL doesn't count playoff wins WTF? Or, we'd have it.

Pats have won 102 thru 8 seasons this decade. Got a shot at beating that 10 year record in 9 seasons!!

Indy won 115 reg season games from 00-09. Setting a record. NFL doesn't count playoff wins WTF? Or, we'd have it.

Pats have won 102 thru 8 seasons this decade. Got a shot at beating that 10 year record in 9 seasons!!

Amazing run. Unless the wheels fall off, I could see them tying or beating that win total next season. My sons will probably think I'm so spoiled when I look back and talk about the glory days.

Duck here comes the debate of whether a decade is 00-09 or 01-10

Duck here comes the debate of whether a decade is 00-09 or 01-10
We'd have the record too, then!! 9 more wins in 2010 than 2000. And, 4 more than Indy.

The real question has become, which decade of the dynasty was better.

2000-2009 (3 out of 4 SB)
or
2010-Present (2 out of 3 SB and counting)

Brady could probably qualify for the Hall of Fame twice with 2 different decades of stats and accomplishment.

So far, the first: more championships and an undefeated regular season. I could see a solid argument for the latter years eclipsing the former, however, if Brady adds another ring. Pretty amazing experience. We're quite fortunate to live through this part

We absolutely are indeed.

Last week I posted that we were almost +200 when it snows or below a certain temp? Either way it's crazy. We need to compile all these stats in the off season.

And all this time I assumed this run was less than spectacular :confused:

But seriously, the Patriots are the greatest organization in the history of North American sports! A run like this will never happen again. Period.

We'd have the record too, then!! 9 more wins in 2010 than 2000. And, 4 more than Indy.
technically they are miscalculating the decade win counts. the "00, or 10" years are technically the last year of the previous decade. In other words year 2001 through 2010 is a decade, and 2011-2020 is a decade. (I.e. its "1-10", not "0-9")

Anyways...

technically they are miscalculating the decade win counts. the "00, or 10" years are technically the last year of the previous decade. In other words year 2001 through 2010 is a decade, and 2011-2020 is a decade. (I.e. its "1-10", not "0-9")

Anyways...
That doesn't make sense to me.

1970 was the first year of the seventies.

2000 was the first year of this century, and of the 00's.

And, for us, it makes sense, the first season of head coach Bill Belichick who drafted Tom Brady in the '00 draft, 2000 also being Tom's rookie season.

1970 was the first year of the seventies
Not really, but it is how colloquial human beings choose to count it. :) 1970, is actually technically the 10th year of the numerical "chunk" of ten years.. the decade we could call the "60s".

just like if you could theoretically be in the "first year" it would not be the year "0". It would be the year "1" (ONE) and 1-10 would be how you counted them. And year "10" would be the "tenth" year of that chunk of ten years.

So, numerically, year 1970, is the "tenth" year of the previous "counted out" chunk of ten years, starting with 1961.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes