PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Day Two Draft thread (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just amazed we have four good picks AND suddenly have two thirds. I mean, seriously? Maybe package one with a late pick or two and move up.

I think you mean Brandon Tate. And I haven't forgotten. But even with Tate, the Pats need another WR to develop.

As I said before, the sweet spot for WRs was projected to be in the third round. A lot of quality guys left.

I say Emmanuel Sanders is going to be our WR pick if he is there

I just hope his game speed makes up for the 40 time cuz 5.06 is pretty slow. And i don't swear by the 40 but it is what it is.

Who cares how fast a 3-4 inside linebacker runs 40 yards?? How quick is he laterally, how is his acceleration and vision? How is his tackling and how does he take on offensive guards? David Harris is slow as molasses speed-wise and he's a stud in the Jets defense.

@mrs75: Riding in car with @wilfork75 he is very excited about spikes pick been talking about him all day. says this guy is a play maker

Vince is high on the guy...Spikes isn't on the team yet and he is already making players happy :D

Tate has proven EXACTLY zero.
The injuries that Welker incurred have a habit of keeping folks out of ordinary for a year, considering CUTTING is his bread and butter, I PERSONALLY believe that he won't be normal all of next year, but I HOPE for a VG/ 75+ % Wes the 2nd half of the season.
We'll see, but I've seen enough knee injuries and water/swelling derail early returns to believe that alot of folks here will be disappointed.
He's a tough kid so I expect him to give as much as the staff will allow.

I honestly hope I'm off on this.

As I said before, the sweet spot for WRs was projected to be in the third round. A lot of quality guys left.

That's an understatement.

I'd love for the Pats to add another 3rd round pick somehow because I think that there are guards available who could come in and push Neal for the starting spot or push Connolly and Wendell off the roster.

Thank god NFL.com is leaving these ***hats

Everson griffen is still there what is the knock on him? I'm sure a few of u draftniks out there have the scoop
Tests out in the combine like Tarzan but plays on the field like Jane. Basically Vernon Gholston 2.0

Last edited:
I have a dream!!

That in this round, the patriots will draft Mardy Gilyard and Greg Hardy/Everson Griffin.

But I am wrong in every pick.

Griffen,Sapp,Gilyard and Wootton. Give me two of these guys Bill.

Last edited:
veldheer just went, I liked him

If McKenzie and Spikes develop and are strong vs the run, not sure where GG plays in this D.

Count me in as happy to say...that's their problem!!!

About time we had some competition at linebacker!

Plus Guyton is affordable and has different strengths than the new guys.

Last edited:
I seem to remember that Spikes pro-day run was on grass...in the rain. Besides when will he be required to run 40 yard? Bill knows how to draft for defense so I have to believe that Spikes will overcome is (possible) speed limitations.

Looking like a solid draft guys.

The Patriots are being re-tooled in front of our eyes.

Note also that there are none of those trade down for picks next year; this is the bumper crop year and BB is taking advantage of it.

So what are we going to do with all these picks?

We have 10 (I think) left.

Move up?

why is it the year we ahve the raiders first round pick they accually draft smart

Spikes + Cunningham. Patriots type players. Some should be happy with the Spikes pick at least. If he had come out in 2009 he would never have gotten past the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST