PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut DE Kony Ealy [update: claimed off waivers by Jets]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge swing and miss even though it didn't really cost anything. However, seems to me they could have found a more sure thing.

I remembered people here killing me about how i didn't like the trade of ealy. How this was a steal lol. The guy has been nothing short of dissapointing besides the 3 sack Super Bowl game.

It can't be a huge swing and miss if it didn't cost them anything.

Meaning they should have known better. You'd think based on film etc they could have figured it just wasn't going to work. That's the hit and miss.

We will be carrying less natural DEs and WRs than people think this year me thinks. Remember BB's mantra? Versatility my friends.

Keep an eye out for the Patriots trading for Fowler! I think a 5th would do it!

Meaning they should have known better. You'd think based on film etc they could have figured it just wasn't going to work. That's the hit and miss.

Rubbish. Just because there is film on a pro player you can't always expect the player to be successful in your system.

They knew what they were getting which was an enigma of a player who had shown flashes of good play in another system. The Pats took a flier. It didn't work out.

Yes . They swung and miss but it was not a big swing and miss as you charaterize it. They were clearly iffy with him from the get go by only burning a 5th rounder.

Last edited:
long expected

bet on new Ealy . got another Butler
Well, the addition of Butler is good, but he's at least 25 lbs heavier and more suited to a DT role, right?

I mean, we know he's played some DE as well just like Guy, but are his responsibilities the same as Ealy would've had?

They diddnt even lose a 5th. They moved back 8 spots in the draft
Yes but the comp for dropping 8 spots was equivalent to a 5th rounder.

Well, the addition of Butler is good, but he's at least 25 lbs heavier and more suited to a DT role, right?

I mean, we know he's played some DE as well just like Guy, but are his responsibilities the same as Ealy would've had?
Butler reminds me of Bobby Hamilton. Just real active

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye