PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots/Colts fans Charity Wager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is a **** statement, but it seems to me that either way BOL of Mass is the winner. Yes, that was the intention of starting this. No individuals get any $ and the BOlL wins no matter what?
If the Colts win shouldn't the money go to an Indy based charity like GLeaners Food Bank?

The original thought was to use this opportunity as a fund raiser for the unofficial charity of Patsfans.com.

I understand that some Colts fans may think that is one sided but we can't make this too complicated. I'm sure that other food banks are just as worthy.

All wagers are individual so if you want to PM a Patriots fan and make those arrangements then post it, once you make an agreement.

I think you just have to speak to it in your post. The way I'm reading it, I'm in against Homergreg. So if he!! freezes over and the Pats lose ;) ,I'll donate under his username and vice versa.

That said, the way the original post reads I think some people are just putting money on the line themselves based on who they think will win - no betting partner involved.

I'm understanding this just like you NH. $20 in winners username, Bread of life, you got the Pats, I got the Colts.

I'd rather keep it with the BOL charity. If Indy gets the L, my cash goes there.

how are these being matched up? id be in for some, but we are obviously gonna have more pats fans.. we need a thread with "confirmed bets" or something.... there is no sense in 50 pats fans saying im in... we need to match them w/colts fans' bets.
(and i do think it is a good idea that if indy wins, it goes to an indy charity.. do you guys have one to suggest?)

Ok what I will do by this weekend is matchup Colts/Patriots fans if they haven't done it themselves. It will be done on first post basis. In other words the first Patriots poster without a match will be assigned to the first Colts poster without a match.

Also I'll give an update on committed money. We have a couple of posters who said they would give anyway. Knowing the Patriots will win, I'll still give $20 even though Ryan has sent his $20.:D We will update this every couple of days, if needed.

I don't think we need a separate thread to list the wagers just yet. But if the volumn increases then we can do that.

Here is what we have so far:

PATSNUTme? RyanTheColt- $20 -I'll donate $20 anyway so when the Patriots win it will be $40
NHPatsfan/hoemrgreg $20
Miguel/blzbub $20

Now here are people who have pledged but do not have a Colts partner at this time:
PWP $20
Imperata $20
Gomezcat $40
Warren94 $50
PatsDeb $20

Did I miss anyone?

And, all wagers will go to the Bread of Life. Maybe this will discourage Colts fans but it shouldn't. It's all going to a charity that serves the needy, location shouldn't be that important. Maybe if we do this again sometime it can be split up but Ryan and I agreed to BOL this time. I live in Maine and Ryan in RI so it's not going to be 'local' for us either.

Count me in for $20. If you don't get enough Colts fans, maybe you could match Pats fans and we pick closest to Pats score, or final total, or something like that. Just a thought.

I'm in for $20. I was just waiting to make sure we came out of the Carolina game relatively healthy. I hope Marlin is going to be OK, we need him. Who am I paired up with?

I'm in for $20. I was just waiting to make sure we came out of the Carolina game relatively healthy. I hope Marlin is going to be OK, we need him. Who am I paired up with?

I own you...

I would like to pledge $25 (win or lose) to this Mass charity (although I live in CT) in recoginition of these two tremendous teams (possibly two of the best teams in the NFL in many, many years) meeting in what hopes to be a tilt of epic proportions.

Go Pats

Ok what I will do by this weekend is matchup Colts/Patriots fans if they haven't done it themselves. It will be done on first post basis. In other words the first Patriots poster without a match will be assigned to the first Colts poster without a match.

Also I'll give an update on committed money. We have a couple of posters who said they would give anyway. Knowing the Patriots will win, I'll still give $20 even though Ryan has sent his $20.:D We will update this every couple of days, if needed.

I don't think we need a separate thread to list the wagers just yet. But if the volumn increases then we can do that.
I'll put $25 on the Pats. Need to get matched up. He Ban Me you out there? How much FAITH do you have in the Colts? Lets see you put your money where your key-board is. ;)

Last edited:
Despite the fact that Gregg Easterbrook would be highly confused with those associated with the Pats donating to charity, I'll go in for $20 on New England.

I'll cover for another Patriots fan who wants to wager. PatsNut... take care of matching me up with someone else.

So i'm in for $40 so far.

I'll cover for another Patriots fan who wants to wager. PatsNut... take care of matching me up with someone else.

So i'm in for $40 so far.

I skipped over Jay52 , so it's on. You now have me, and Jay 52.

You don't really "have" me but you know what I mean.

Ok this is a **** statement, but it seems to me that either way BOL of Mass is the winner. If the Colts win shouldn't the money go to an Indy based charity like GLeaners Food Bank?

How about this???

I will donate $10 to Gleaners Food Bank and to the Bread of Life if the Pats lose.
You will donate $10 to the Bread of Life if the Colts lose.

How about this???

I will donate $10 to Gleaners Food Bank and to the Bread of Life if the Pats lose.
You will donate $10 to the Bread of Life if the Colts lose.

DONE! TAKE A FILL.

I'm in for $25 on the Pats winning, of course.

To Warren94 and PatsDeb, I tried to send a PM to you but your PM is turned off. Please send me a PM so we can discuss your pledge.

I'll give $40 to Gleaners. They seem to be reputable and have a secure donation facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes