PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coach Bill Belichick Lays Claim to QB Test in New 'Draft Day' Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they take the $100 and they are an underclassman, is that BB way of tricking them into destroying the remaining eligibility! The man is a mad scientist!

That is too funny, if nothing else, the kid is giong to say "what's with the $100?" I hope someone asks Brady and Mallet if they took the money.

Nice.

I'm looking forward to the day Coach publishes what will likely be a 12-volume set about his life in football. I know I'm looking forward to it. :rocker:

My guess for most likely to have passed along this story: Lombardi
My guess for least likely: Saban

Given Goodell's history, it wouldn't surprise me if the NFL ruled this a salary cap violation...

It slighly sucks that this trick in now out in the open. Now it won't really work anymore. But I'm sure BB has a million more like it. :D

It slighly sucks that this trick in now out in the open. Now it won't really work anymore. But I'm sure BB has a million more like it. :D

Probably wouldn't work with any SEC player. They'd probably consider it an insult.

Now watch BB write/type on a single random page of the playbook mail me an envelope with the word **** on it, and I will mail you a check for $250. It is hilarious how obvious it seems now that we know about it, but I guarantee none of us would have figured out this trick.

sure ruins the trick, now EVERY SINGLE ONE OF BB's ROOKIES will READ EVERY PAGE OF THE PLAYBOOK looking for the $100 that isnt there. what a failure that is now!!! ;)

Anyway, you can equally do it by just typing a line somewhere around page 90 of 100 that says; Come into the coaches office by 10th day of camp and say codeword 'sasparilla' or on day 11 you are doing 20 laps. admittedly that is punishment vs positive motivation; but gets the point across same way.

I do not think it would be too big a stretch to say that Bill leaked this one himself or told someone else to leak it as it definitely helps the team as now all prospects will be told to look for something like this (i.e. read the playbook)

I don't like this trick. If you are honest and don't steal the $100 they think you are a liar or a cheat. If I found the $100 taped inside the back of the playbook I would think it was some sort of honesty test and make sure it is still in there when I turn the playbook back in. What a shock if you do that and are accused of being dishonest!

I don't like this trick. If you are honest and don't steal the $100 they think you are a liar or a cheat. If I found the $100 taped inside the back of the playbook I would think it was some sort of honesty test and make sure it is still in there when I turn the playbook back in. What a shock if you do that and are accused of being dishonest!

I guess the player could take it out of the book and when he met back with BB hand it to him and say "Coach I think you may have misplaced this." He'd get credit for reading the playbook and being honest enough to return the money.

But I like Gumby's idea of typing a short set of instructions in an obscure place, including the offer of a a perk for following the instructions, or a punishment for missing it.

In some form this idea has been around for centuries. For example, somebody sent Samuel Johnson a book to comment on, and glued some pages together, which were still together when he returned it with acerbic comments. When he was called on that, he retorted "I don't have to eat an entire egg to know that it's rotten."

Anyhow -- I thought playbooks were great secrets. So how come they can be given to guys who aren't even on your team?

In some form this idea has been around for centuries. For example, somebody sent Samuel Johnson a book to comment on, and glued some pages together, which were still together when he returned it with acerbic comments. When he was called on that, he retorted "I don't have to eat an entire egg to know that it's rotten."

Anyhow -- I thought playbooks were great secrets. So how come they can be given to guys who aren't even on your team?

Bill Walsh used the $100 bill method also. I seen it during dynasty week on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back