PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Add TE Scott Chandler – Red Zone Offense Options Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooooah, didn't see this on front page. More nice signing news

The Patriots red-zone offense should greatly benefit having so many big weapons for Tom Brady and Josh McDaniels to have at their disposal. Chandler at 6’7, Gronk 6’6, Wright 6’4, Brandon LaFell 6’3 and third year WR Aaron Dobson also at 6’3 gives Brady some tremendous size in the passing game, something a few years ago was unheard of.

I guess with no revis we go back to the 2007 score 50 and dare them to keep up strategy. With that much height and speed it may work (with some OL beef as well.

Ah reckon... and here I was thinking Bill was dead set on getting tough on D and jettisoning the 50-burger theory.

Trying to recognize patterns in the Pats is like Chomsky's search for transformational grammar. He ended up with one rule, a transform alpha (meaning, something transforms something... and there are no other universals. Some cunning linguist correct me if I mangled that.)

But come to think of it, it makes perfect sense. It's the same thing we see in the draft, which is marked by value not need, and in the "ever team is different" mantra.

It's still a long time until next year's final 53 of course... but it's back to "wait to see how they'll freak me out."

I really like this signing as it strengthens that #2 TE spot and as was mentioned it bolsters the red zone presence.

Hard to cover all our weapons now, we have big, tall athletic guys in Gronk, Chandler, Lafell, Dobson. We have quick twitch, slippery guys in Edelman and Amendola. Who do you cover??

I always admired and feared Chandler while he was with the Bills. Pretty excited that he can be an out-of-nowhere weapon for us that leaves Bills fans wondering why Rex released him in the first place.

Best of all, because Chandler was cut by the Bills, he should not count against us in the formula for assignment of Compensatory Picks in 2016.

I always admired and feared Chandler while he was with the Bills. Pretty excited that he can be an out-of-nowhere weapon for us that leaves Bills fans wondering why Rex released him in the first place.

Best of all, because Chandler was cut by the Bills, he should not count against us in the formula for assignment of Compensatory Picks in 2016.

Guessing they're pretty confident that they'll be signing Clay to an offer sheet the dolphins won't match.

384 career yards vs the pats that alone was a nuff reason to sign him

This guy has a monster game whenever the patriots are involved...

Does that mean from now on every single game will be monstersish?

This guy has a monster game whenever the patriots are involved...

Does that mean from now on every single game will be monstersish?

I think it means he will be unstoppable in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes