PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2021 schedule is dope

Last year I estimated 8-8 and they went 7-9.

I'm sticking with 8-8 until further notice based on Cam being the starter and Bill going El Cheapo in FAcy. The draft may change the final estimate.
1616210110318.gif

Will be the most watched regular season game in the history of the league. Tampa Bay is going to be a wagon next season... no way Brady is losing to Belichick & Newton.
Yeah, because Tommy has always excelled against ex-Pats coaches, who know his weaknesses and how to attack him. No f-ing way that BB loses that game, now that he has the talent to compete with any team. They are going to pressure Brady all night and Tom The Turtle from 2018 and 2019 will be on full display in prime time. It’s going to be glorious.

Yeah, because Tommy has always excelled against ex-Pats coaches, who know his weaknesses and how to attack him. No f-ing way that BB loses that game, now that he has the talent to compete with any team. They are going to pressure Brady all night and Tom The Turtle from 2018 and 2019 will be on full display in prime time. It’s going to be glorious.
You're obviously kidding.

You have examples of Brady struggling against ex-Patriots coaches?

Belichick has enough talent to compete with any team in the NFL? So, just like that, we're back to the division being a given and a trip at least to the conference championship game? Two 2nd-tier TE's making that big of a difference?

Tom The Turtle? Hahaha. Brady won a Super Bowl in 2018. Did he "turtle" in KC in OT?

I'll venture a score once the rosters are final, however, that Tampa Bay defense is going to eat Newton alive, and Brady is not scoring less than 20 against Bill's defense.

W1: at NYJ W
W2: vs. NO W
W3: at BUF L
W4: vs. TB L
W5: at LAC L
W6: vs CLE L
W7: Bye
W8: at MIA W
W9: at CAR W
W10: vs NYJ W
W11: at HOU W
W12: at ATL W
W13: vs JAX W
W14: vs. TEN L
W15: at IND L
W16: vs MIA W
W17: vs. BUF L
W18: vs. DAL L

9 - 8 or 10 - 7 (miss playoffs).

BB drafted a pass rushing DT specifically to generate pressure up the middle against Tampa. Half kidding.

Is that their schedule? I thought the weekly schedule wasn’t coming out until Wednesday.

Not sure if that’s going to be the actual schedule but I think the record sounds about right. 2-4 into the bye would also be a terrific time to pull the plug on the Cam era and get Mac rolling.

If all goes well the big jump into the playoffs and SB contention will be in 2022 and Jones will be a big part of that.

I wouldn't count on a W against Jacksonville. They're going to have a generational QB at the helm.

You're obviously kidding.

You have examples of Brady struggling against ex-Patriots coaches?

Belichick has enough talent to compete with any team in the NFL? So, just like that, we're back to the division being a given and a trip at least to the conference championship game? Two 2nd-tier TE's making that big of a difference?

Tom The Turtle? Hahaha. Brady won a Super Bowl in 2018. Did he "turtle" in KC in OT?

I'll venture a score once the rosters are final, however, that Tampa Bay defense is going to eat Newton alive, and Brady is not scoring less than 20 against Bill's defense.
I see it going like the Chiefs game last year. Pats hang around for a while but the better team pulls away late and wins comfortably. A lot depends too on when that game happens. I’ll go with something like 31-17 Bucs

Last edited:

BUF might indeed be the better team, but even when NE was rolling, it was never easy to beat a division foe twice. I’d not be surprised if NE beats NYJ twice and splits w MIA & BUF...

Add to that : teams like BUF who have a semi-dream season one year sometimes struggle to repeat. While I’d definitely suggest they are favoured, I could easily see them have a hard time reaching expectations.

I'm really optimistic. I think we're a lot stronger than common consensus would seem to indicate. I think we win the division.

My only concern is at FS and QB. I think we have quality and depth everywhere else, and I think once Mac takes the job we'll be one of the better teams in the league. We don't need a collection of so called stars, just a team of smart, focused footballers.

I wouldn't count on a W against Jacksonville. They're going to have a generational QB at the helm.
the next Andrew Luck?

Remind me again about BB's record against rookie QBs...

I think they're a year away from competing but I still think they win 10-11 games this year whether it's Cam or a combo of Cam and Mac. Just noticed, if you spell Cam backwards it spells Mac, coincidence?

With a 17 game schedule I can picture the Pats winning 10-11 games with this overhauled roster.

The made for TV event will happen on Wednesday at 8 pm ET, surely with an inappropriate amount pomp and circumstance, and even more attempts to over-dramatize the significance of the unveiling of the schedule.

You do have to hand it to the marketing department of the NFL; they somehow find a way to stay relevant in the sports world virtually all year long.

The made for TV event will happen on Wednesday at 8 pm ET, surely with an inappropriate amount pomp and circumstance, and even more attempts to over-dramatize the significance of the unveiling of the schedule.

You do have to hand it to the marketing department of the NFL; they somehow find a way to stay relevant in the sports world virtually all year long.

they’ll do something absurd with it…”we’re releasing one month of the schedule per hour so you’ll have to stay tuned til the end”

nope. Will not. Will wait for the internet

This year's defense is going to be soo much better than last year's.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back