PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2021 schedule is dope

It's so hard to predict anything for next year. Our team is probably only 60% of what it will be by week 1.
But, I'd suggest the losses will be: vs. TEN, TB, NO; @ TEX, LAC, BUF (MIA?)
I don't think the Bills will dominate, and I'm not afraid of MIA. Remember our team was a literal pile of **** last year.
Mostly because of a Fathead sticker version of Cam running the offense. If we can get any half-decent vet, we'll be 9-7.
If we somehow wrangle Jimmy G, we could win the division again. I believe we're going to get some pass-catching and front 7 help.

I’m not sure how anyone can predict next season before this off-season even begins
we will go 10-6 in 2023

Worth revisiting with Cam signed. Based on this schedule, with Cam, and with an assumption that they will acquire a #1 WR and someone like Kyle Rudolph, I would expect...

HOME

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-15) W
New York Jets (2-14) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) W
Tennessee Titans (11-5) L
Cleveland Browns (11-5) W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) L
New Orleans Saints (12-4) W
Buffalo Bills (13-3) W

AWAY

New York Jets (2-14) W
Atlanta Falcons (4-12) W
Houston Texans (4-12) W
Carolina Panthers (5-11) W
Los Angeles Chargers (7-9) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) L
Indianapolis Colts (11-5) W
Buffalo Bills (13-3) L

Puts us at 12-4. Obviously some of those could go the other way, but that's pretty good... 10-6 seems reasonable...

HOME

New York Jets (2-14) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) W
Buffalo Bills (13-3) L

AWAY

New York Jets (2-14) W
Atlanta Falcons (4-12) W
Houston Texans (4-12) W
Carolina Panthers (5-11) L
Miami Dolphins (10-6) L
Indianapolis Colts (11-5) L
Buffalo Bills (13-3) L

If they don't get porked at home then they could have a shot at returning to the postseason with that relatively soft away schedule. If they beat all of the scrubs/rebuilding teams then they're already 6-0. I mean 4 of those organizations are in shambles... Jacksonville (dreadful off/def roster), NYJ (ditto), Atlanta (probably facing a complete teardown and rebuild), and Houston (defense is brutal and their franchise QB is shooting his way out of town). I don't know, does Carolina have a clue? They were a mess without McCaffrey. The Saints are facing a lot of FA casualties and likely are entering a reset. I see LAC on there who they just smoked 45-0.

Obviously a lot is TBD, but with all of the cap space and improved draft position, the Patriots with an upgrade at quarterback should be able to flip their record to 9-7 at least. They're not winning the East, but if they can squeak out one more win somewhere, 10-6 could get them into the postseason.
Going to have to revise this now... Newton drops them back down to 7-9... Browns and Saints go in the loss column. That Chargers game is in serious doubt too. Probably not winning at Atlanta either. Look out below!!!!!

Worth revisiting with Cam signed. Based on this schedule, with Cam, and with an assumption that they will acquire a #1 WR and someone like Kyle Rudolph, I would expect...

HOME

New York Jets (2-14) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) W
Buffalo Bills (13-3) W

AWAY

New York Jets (2-14) W
Atlanta Falcons (4-12) W
Houston Texans (4-12) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) L
Buffalo Bills (13-3) L

Puts us at 12-4. Obviously some of those could go the other way, but that's pretty good... 10-6 seems reasonable...
I see only 4-5 likely wins on the schedule - both Jets, Jax, Saints. Cowboys too if the season is 17 games and we get Dallas.

The others I'm not as confident.

Seeing an 8 win ceiling right now but we'll see what happens with FA and the draft.

Last edited:
They were one Cam failed run on 4th and goal in Seattle and one Cam fumble at the goal line in Buffalo from 9-7. Throw in the Cam had COVID debacle against Denver and maybe 10-6 last year. They will be substantially better this year, playoffs are very possible.

Last year I estimated 8-8 and they went 7-9.

I'm sticking with 8-8 until further notice based on Cam being the starter and Bill going El Cheapo in FAcy. The draft may change the final estimate.

March 17 update......14-2

HOME

New York Jets (2-14) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) W
Tennessee Titans (11-5) W
Cleveland Browns (11-5) L
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) W
Buffalo Bills (13-3) W 31-0 ... week 17

AWAY

New York Jets (2-14) W
Atlanta Falcons (4-12) W
Houston Texans (4-12) W
Miami Dolphins (10-6) W
Buffalo Bills (13-3) L 31-0....week 1

Everything bill did last year was to ensure we have this cap-space this year. so if we don't drastically improve the talent on this team this offseason I would be disapointed. Just grabbing van noy and one of kyle rudolph/jared cook would improve both the linkebacker/tight ends. we also have higher picks in each round than we have had in years, so hopefully we can get some impact guys with a solid draft.

also, I am hoping that we get more from our rookies from last year who were a non-factor. I am hoping it was more due to "red shirt" years with lack of offseason.
Huge BB apologist here, I admit it. Love me some BB.

But, the slamming of the phone near the bench leads me to believe not “everything” he did was to get to this point. Dude wanted to win. Didn’t work out in 2020.

Last year I estimated 8-8 and they went 7-9.

I'm sticking with 8-8 until further notice based on Cam being the starter and Bill going El Cheapo in FAcy. The draft may change the final estimate.

Care to revise that thought any, based on the bolded part?

A 10 win team might not make even the playoffs in this centuries NFL..

Only teams on the schedule that worry me at this point are Tampa, Cleveland, and Buffalo....

I agree. I mean what if Carolina gets Watson and the Saints get Wilson? Or Watson ends up in Miami? Way too many variables.
Watson would have a 'feeled' day in Miami !

Notwithstanding all the negativity towards Newton, I think with OTA's, and training camp regimen, a very different Cam will emerge as QB as opposed to last season. Perhaps not MVP level but a very dangerous offensive threat.

And with a very solid offensive line that could potentially provide 'John Deere harvester' results for the running backs, as well as better pass protection and reliable receivers, Cam may prove the naysayers impaired.

Add to that a top-three defense, and voila:

crystal ball.jpg

Going to have to revise this now... Newton drops them back down to 7-9... Browns and Saints go in the loss column. That Chargers game is in serious doubt too. Probably not winning at Atlanta either. Look out below!!!!!
No playoffs?

Not dope either? Get the paper bags ready.

Tompa versus BB will be a night game I assume? MNF or SNF? Have to head back east for that one. Right? Historical event right?

No playoffs?

Not dope either? Get the paper bags ready.
Cam is not dope for sure. The quarterback is the most important position in professional sports. We witnessed it firsthand with Brady for 20 years. We saw the difference Brady made in 2020, turning a 7-9 team into a Super Bowl champion while his old team missed the playoffs for first since the last time he wasn't their starter (11 seasons ago).

Cam is not a good quarterback now and he was never a winner. He had his one chance at a ring and he somehow managed to lose to a decrepit Peyton Manning. So it's a given that he will not be good next season. The question is... has Belichick built enough of a team around Cam to win despite him?

Winning a Super Bowl with a bad quarterback is rare occurrence. Denver in 2015 is one example but it took an all-time great defense to do it. Same with the 2002 Ravens. Generally Super Bowls are won by hall of fame quarterbacks (Brady, Montana, Bradshaw... that's 27% of all Super Bowls but of course many more Super Bowls were won by HOF QB's) or by quarterbacks who had a great postseason run (Eli Manning in 2011, Flacco in 2012). Cam's not a hall of fame quarterback and he's not capable of playing great for a postseason run.

I had the Patriots at 9-7 or 10-6 when I was thinking Belichick would find a new quarterback but he apparently thinks he can win with a fullback under center. The division likely is not in play... Buffalo's an 11 or 12 win team. 10-6 is the ceiling for the Patriots with Cam and that's with a top-5 running game and a top-5 defense. Both of those are doable so a wild card should be in play. Obviously predictions are fluid this time of year so we'll see what the roster looks like after the draft.

Tompa versus BB will be a night game I assume? MNF or SNF? Have to head back east for that one. Right? Historical event right?
Will be the most watched regular season game in the history of the league. Tampa Bay is going to be a wagon next season... no way Brady is losing to Belichick & Newton.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back