PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2021 schedule is dope

You really think all of that is going to happen? Especially the draft part? All those guys will be gone by #15, if we even keep it.

No, I don’t, but several of those FA moves could happen and, yes, one of those three could still be there at 15 (most years one guy drops further than expected and this year will likely follow suit....it could be one of those three or Lance or Smith).

The larger point is that we should at least wait until the end of this month before moving on to 2022 already.

I’m not sure how anyone can predict next season before this off-season even begins
Yeah obviously I’ll revisit that once signings are made but just looking at the roster I don’t see an overnight rebuild. We were not just a QB away last year and there are too many question marks to be all that optimistic that there will be one. Both sides of the ball need a lot of work. The AFC East is not the punching bag it was anymore. Hopefully we see lots of progress and we all feel good about this team a year from now no matter what happens this season.

And Bill is one of the all time great HCs even if some of his GM decisions lately are meh. His legacy is set in stone but that does not automatically mean he is the right guy to get us where we want to be in 2021. I hope he is. Let’s see what happens.

Last edited:
I trust Bill to rebuild that defense. We will not be 30th against the run next season.

I can't wait for the Tampa home game, hopefully in a packed stadium and Coronavirus a distant memory.

Patriots 2021 schedule is dope....​

or is it rad?

No starting QB + no TE + no # 1 WR = No Playoffs.

Also, making the playoffs only to get bounced out early isn't what BB is here for.

I want for us to be the only franchise that Tom Brady never beat!!!!

Side note: Elway never lost to the Patriots....goddamn it...

There are 3 other QBs that beat all 32 teams: Favre, Manning and Brees. Those guys combined got nothing on TFB.

That would be awesome. I love Brady and love that he won another championship but it would be awesome if he never beat the Pats before he retires. That has to happen.

If the Pats don't get a real QB nothing else matters and they're going nowhere.

I hope Kraft has his bottle of scotch picked out to get ready or the post-SB speech.

Yeah obviously I’ll revisit that once signings are made but just looking at the roster I don’t see an overnight rebuild. We were not just a QB away last year and there are too many question marks to be all that optimistic that there will be one. Both sides of the ball need a lot of work. The AFC East is not the punching bag it was anymore. Hopefully we see lots of progress and we all feel good about this team a year from now no matter what happens this season.

And Bill is one of the all time great HCs even if some of his GM decisions lately are meh. His legacy is set in stone but that does not automatically mean he is the right guy to get us where we want to be in 2021. I hope he is. Let’s see what happens.

Everything bill did last year was to ensure we have this cap-space this year. so if we don't drastically improve the talent on this team this offseason I would be disapointed. Just grabbing van noy and one of kyle rudolph/jared cook would improve both the linkebacker/tight ends. we also have higher picks in each round than we have had in years, so hopefully we can get some impact guys with a solid draft.

also, I am hoping that we get more from our rookies from last year who were a non-factor. I am hoping it was more due to "red shirt" years with lack of offseason.

One good thing about having a bad season, you get an easier schedule. It's amazing to think what they did all those years winning the division and getting a tougher schedule and still winning.

TB vs NE will be a SNF game.
I’d seriously doubt it. Don’t CBS/Fox get to protect one or two games a year from TNF/SNF/MNF broadcast? At least that was the case several years ago. The game will most likely be 4:25 on Fox.

I’d seriously doubt it. Don’t CBS/Fox get to protect one or two games a year from TNF/SNF/MNF broadcast? At least that was the case several years ago. The game will most likely be 4:25 on Fox.
This is very true and a reason why primetime games aren't as good as they used to be. NFL needs to put a stop to Fox/CBS hijacking games like this that should be in primetime.

It's unfortunate that games these days don't have the same hype it did 25+ years ago.

They only get to "protect" games originally assigned to them. They do not necessarily get first dibs when the schedule is being made.

This is very true and a reason why primetime games aren't as good as they used to be. NFL needs to put a stop to Fox/CBS hijacking games like this that should be in primetime.

It's unfortunate that games these days don't have the same hype it did 25+ years ago.
The reason why primetime games aren't "as good as they used to be" is because there are 3 primetime games per week instead of only 2. Combine that with the fact that you have to throw CBS and Fox a bone or two on Sunday afternoons and there just aren't enough marquee games to spread out.

I agree with all of the above. We need to get younger and faster. The 'opt-outs' aren't going to help that. I think we have another year of middle-of-the-pack in store for us, maybe more depending on when/if we get a workable solution to the QB position.

I did a lot of dope in my youth.

The reason why primetime games aren't "as good as they used to be" is because there are 3 primetime games per week instead of only 2. Combine that with the fact that you have to throw CBS and Fox a bone or two on Sunday afternoons and there just aren't enough marquee games to spread out.
The NFL seems to be hell bent on diluting the product. I'm really afraid of what will come out of the next media deal. Covid showed Tue Night is not impossible. Football will be on so often it will no longer be "appointment viewing". We could be heading past the point of no return (cue: Kansas).

Even Tom Freakin' GOAT Brady needed most of the regular season to turn a 7--9 team loaded with talent around in time to make the playoffs as a Wild Card with three road Playoff games.

Until the Pats sort out a bunch of stuff (like, "who's our Quarterback?" and "what will we do in Free Agency?" and "whom will we pick in the Draft?"), I'll keep them at 7--9. but with more of an upside than a downside given the Cap space and BB.

Even Tom Freakin' GOAT Brady needed most of the regular season to turn a 7--9 team loaded with talent around in time to make the playoffs as a Wild Card with three road Playoff games.

Until the Pats sort out a bunch of stuff (like, "who's our Quarterback?" and "what will we do in Free Agency?" and "whom will we pick in the Draft?"), I'll keep them at 7--9. but with more of an upside than a downside given the Cap space and BB.
Seems we will need to start thinking in terms of 7-10 or 8-9 going forward, thanks to that amazingly greedy idiot who runs the NFL these days.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back