PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Chung has retired

Back when I used to be able to watch the games, he really stood out. Rover, was it, the role he had at Oregon? He was a heat seeking missile. That carried on in the NFL. One of my all-time favourites.
Yes he was designated as a rover with the Ducks.

Thank you, Pat! And yes, I have forgiven you for that fake punt audible against the Jets in the playoffs....

Patriot for life!!! LFG!!!

He was the only player that made binkie status for me. Had huge hopes for him in 2009, and though there were a couple bumpy years in the beginning, he became that guy when he came back. Loved watching him play and the grit and leadership he brought. Gonna miss the guy.

He's just about there in the Kevin Faulk level in my book, and that's saying something.

I had a feeling he would. Also, Phillips and Dugger make him expendable.

When's the first NH Rick James Ski Party?

LOL...it only took post 7 to ask this question. Before I opened the thread I said to myself "someone will ask about cap hit in one of first 5 posts"
I do the same thing. "What's the cap hit/savings".

patsfans.com The home of armchair GM’s

Thank you, Mr Chung. It was much more of a pleasure to watch you than to have to play against you.

Enjoy your retirement Patrick. Thanks for some great memories.

Thanks for everything Pat. Enjoy retirement and flash those rings everywhere, I would!

Cant help feeling he’d be great to be kept on the sideline in a minor coaching capacity if he wanted it.
I kind of agree, Chung has a great wealth of experience he can add to a team's secondary. And I'd love to keep his attitude around the secondary room

Great Patriot, defined the big nickel position.

Thanks PC for the great play, enjoy retirement and the rings you helped bring.

Yeah he’s different.
I don’t think I missed a single snap of his Patriot career. He’s like family.

funny story.
i brought my girlfriends son to a preseason game when he was about 9.
He wanted a Brady bobble head.
He put it in his room next to a bunch of other toys like super heros, marvel characters, etc .
When he would go to his dads house I would go in his room and knock over all the other characters. When he got back I’d ask him if Tom Brady kicked all the super heroes asses again.
That is an awesome story! I have a Brady bobblehead too but I’ve put it away until he retires in like 20 years. .

Thanks for your service to the team, Patrick Chung. You were a hard nosed competitor and will be missed. Enjoy your retirement.

Wish him all the best, I will miss him !

3 time Champion and one of the best Patriots ever. Belichick praised Chung multiple times in a way he rarely ever does. This guy was an elite tough great tackling box safety who was miscast by Dean Pees. Our nickel defense was elite because of Chung.

Solid player, after he came back from the eagles he really stepped his game up. Had lots of injuries but overall a very good team player.

Thanks... for the memories.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back