PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patrick Chung has retired

Loved how he came back to the Pats and turned his career around, winning three Super Bowls. Thanks Patrick and good luck in the future!

One of the more underrated patriots of the second dynasty. Has a chance for the pats HOFer.

He’s also a poster child for how scheme fit can make a player go from bust to 10+ year vet. He was miscast as a cover 2 safety in a zone scheme and became & upper echelon box man safety.

On the field, Phillips & Dugger took his job. Not sure there were snaps available.

Unrelated but folks should be prepared for a potential Hightower retirement as well. Been away from the game for too long and Hightower has been through a ton of injuries.

Best of luck to Pat.

Nice statement. Not often you see players thanking the janitors.

527brf.gif

Thanks, Pat! Good luck and God bless! :)

Patrick "Wang" Chung.....enjoy your next step in life. All the best...we'll miss you.

Enjoy retirement. He was a great example that a first impression isn’t necessarily the one you should go on

What about the bonus money he was paid last year right before he opted out?

May 20, 2020
The Patriots and S Patrick Chung have agreed to a two-year extension through 2023, per sources. Chung gets $3M to sign and is now due up to $12.8M over the next four years. One of the most reliable players on their standout defense.

Unrelated but folks should be prepared for a potential Hightower retirement as well. Been away from the game for too long and Hightower has been through a ton of injuries.

Best of luck to Pat.
Could be a possibility. there were rumors during the season that High and Chung were both retiring.

i thought that High said himself he was coming back but checking it again it was McCourty that said that from his understanding they were all coming back. It’s clearly not the case.

could Judon be an Hightower replacement?

thanks for everything Pat. You were a beast in your 2nd Patriots tour !

I think the Pats could retrieve money in arbitration or Chung may waive it if he can, he's well off financially and the team would win pretty easily if taken before an arbitrator.

See ya, Pat. Thanks for your contributions to the second part of the dynasty.

Well you'd assume that's gone since it was paid for him to sign. Hopefully it had conditions meaning they can reclaim some but unlikely.

Anyway best of luck to him and thanks for everything :)

Thanks for the memories Patrick.

Sad to see him go, but it was probably his best move.

Good luck, Patrick. Thank you for the years of enjoyment.

A synonym of a true fighter. I always liked his devotion and ....hard hittings :)

Farewell to a great Patriot, and the source of one of my favorite trivia questions! Sing it, Mama Chung :cool:

Thanks Pat! You're the best exception to the Patriots 2nd-rd DB rule, even if it took your return to get there. Was hoping we'd get a year of him playing with Dugger to teach him some things, but at least we've got Mills to replace Brooks. Enjoy retirement Mr. Chung!

I remember after that wild AFC championship game that sent the Patriots to Super Bowl 46, my brother and I met Chung outside near Patriots Place surrounded by other fans. I was able to shake his hand and congratulate him on the win. Classy guy.

It’s time for him to move on but I’m grateful for all he’s given us in his Patriots career. I’m sure a red jacket is in his future.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back